! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

Trying to restore - Page 1/1

Subject: Trying to restore
Replies: 5 Views: 2745

sir_kas 26.07.14 - 11:26am
I dropped the iphone 5 by mistake, the whole phone went off, trying switching it back on but wouldn't boot, so I put it on charge and the apple logo came on then off then repeats itself, it did this for an hour, anyway as I got back from work, I put it in recovery mode, iTunes recognise my phone, however when I try to restore it gives me code error 21, so I looked it up and apparently it's a battery issue, but some say it ain't, so some sites say put it in DFU mode and try restore that way, I did but still error 21, anyone had this problem? And fixed it? It's out of warranty. It's stuck in recovery mode loop now, even when I put on charge via main power charger. * +

sxct1na 26.07.14 - 12:46pm
I looked it up and I got a technical compatibility issue. Have you tried a hard reset?
Here, this article that guides you to a step by step recovery process to resolve iPhone Error 21.

The Error 21 Problem
The iPhone error 21 arises due to a technical compatibility issue. That goes to say that the error appears when you are upgrading your phone with the latest iTune software and your phone struggles to match its hardware with the upgrade, thereby giving rise to the Error code 21. Not to say, that the error code will always appear whenever you are upgrading your iPhone, but there are several other iPhone users who are facing or have faced this issue. As this error appears, there is no need to despair though because presented here is the step by step solution to solve the problem.

The Solution for iPhone Error 21
First, to troubleshoot, you will have to set right the fundamental issue. The fundamental issue here is setting the mode of the iPhone to facilitate smooth upgrade of the device. Your iPhone should ideally be in the DFU mode, while upgrading it, in order to minimize the possibility of the Error 21 appearance. So, first you check out whether your phone is in the DFU (Device Firmware Update) mode or not. A completely black screen signifies the DFU mode even when the phone is completely turned ON. If your phone is not in the DFU mode, then here is how to get there. Setting the phone to DFU mode will supposedly solve the iPhone Error 21 occurrence.

Step 1: First, you need to simultaneously press the Home key and the Power key.

Step 2: A notification will appear to slide the bar to turn off. Ignore it.

Step 3: If you are seeing your screen black, that means you are in the DFU mode.

Step 4: In DFU mode, your iTunes software will be disconnected from your iPhone.

* +

sxct1na 26.07.14 - 12:48pm

Step 5: Now, you will have to hold down on the Home key and let go the Power key. Hold down the Home key, unless your device gets completely reconnected with the iTunes software.

Step 6: This should bypass the Error 21.

Congratulations! You just did it; resolving the iPhone Error 21 by yourself without contacting your local Apple store or the tech support. However, if the problem persists (which it ideally should not be, unless every step has been followed correctly), do consider contacting
the tech support from Apple.

I hope it works in your case. * +

sxct1na 26.07.14 - 12:50pm
Though I find this technique sounds a little too easy to be true to fix. * +

sir_kas 26.07.14 - 10:12pm
Yea thanks I did try all that before, but I gave up in end and decided to get a new battery replacement and after connecting it to iTunes it fully restored everything and phone working fine again. * +

missmobi 2.09.16 - 09:02am
my iPhone 4s is same iv no PC or laptop i need connect iTunes is there any other way *

Quick reply:

+ refresh
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
+ bookmark
8 Apple iPhone Forum
9 Forum Index

Custom Search