! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

s60 to iphone - Page 1/19

Subject: s60 to iphone
Replies: 127 Views: 24983
> »
adiy2k 1.11.09 - 03:27pm
Hi, ive been an avid s60 and Nokia user for the past 7 or so years. I'm seriously considering getting an iphone this week, been offered a good deal by the CPW and looking at taking them up on it. Has anybody else changed sides so to speak and if so what are your takes on it? How easy is the iphone to hack also? Thanks * +

akash_nu 2.11.09 - 07:04am
I have been a S60 user for more than 7 years and then switched to windows mobile and finally now on to the iPhone. One thing I must admit that the browser and multimedia functionality on the iPhone is unbeatable. The other platforms don't even come close. The touch screen is the best according to me. Once u use the iPhone touch screen u will not want to use any other. It just does what is promised * +

akash_nu 2.11.09 - 07:07am
And what u would like it to do. The S60 community might say that the biggest issues r that there is no mutitasking and no blutooth exchange. But I say that the limitations on the iPhone are very well thought, planned and tested. There are few things that can work at the background, namely the browser, the music player, the mail client and the phone application itself. And if u put the phone in * +

akash_nu 2.11.09 - 07:10am
Real life testing u would notice that the essential day to day things can be done seemlessly. I was sceptical prior to getting one. But I have been using the iPhone since August this year and after a carefull evaluation it's clear to me that people won't even realise that there is no real multitasking. And for the Bluetooth issue u just need to jail break and there is a solution. Anyway without * +

akash_nu 2.11.09 - 07:12am
Jail break, using iPhone will just be a shame. That's my own opinion by the way since I have used the 3 main smartphone platforms including S60, windows mobile, android and the iPhone. * +

akash_nu 2.11.09 - 07:16am
Oh and I forgot to mention that the battery life really sucks until u have access to a USB port every now and then. The camera is pretty good as well even though it's only 3MP. The camera sensor seems pretty good and the compression algorithm is wonderful as well. Time to take a picture is really awesome considering it's an autofocus enabled device. Anything else u wanna know, just give me a shout * +

adiy2k 2.11.09 - 07:19am
Thanks akash bro, i think i remember you from the s60 forum. My minds made up and i'm going to upgrade this wk, i shouldn't be able to till april but cpw said if i pay 200 i can have the 16gb 3gs on 18month tariff and they'll give me 100 for my 5800. So its true that you cant send and recieve files via bt? Also you cant download say an mp3 from the web and save it to the phone? When jailbroken.. * +

adiy2k 2.11.09 - 07:20am
can you download the apps from applestore for free or just 3rd party? Thank again bro * +

> »

Quick reply:

+ go to page 1-19
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
7 last page
+ bookmark
8 Apple iPhone Forum
9 Forum Index

Custom Search