! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

Microsoft buys Activision-Blizzard - Page 4/4

Subject: Microsoft buys Activision-Blizzard
« <
trunking 27.01.22 - 06:44pm
PC talk yawn.gif meh * +

alvar89 27.01.22 - 07:18pm
Playstation talk yes.gif * +

samuel.123 28.01.22 - 07:25am

@ alvar89 - 26.01.22 - 07:22pm
The game compression thing on ps seems like a smart move. Nvme drives are expensive and saving space with games will become a thing. Microsoft lost the race with xbox one also. The reason was better games on sony. They might have a chance of catching up when the newly aquired studios get there exclusives out. Elders scrolls 6, Starfield, Fallout 5 and maybe even some remasters of fallout new vegas or something if microsoft forces it. Bethesda was not interested in remasters but the players want them. Either way it is great to have a pc also for better versions of the xbox games. Ps5 will definetly be worth having. Ps4 was too weak that is why i skipped it. The processor in it was a joke holding the games back. Even the ps4 pro suffers because of it. I did immediately install a ssd in the pro and hooked another ssd thru usb for extra storage. Loading times got good and pop ups went away in many games. Ps5 has enough processing power and ssd speed atleast. The vr2 will be a thing to invest in also.

Im glad they made the ps to be able to add a ssd. Il defo be buying a terabyte. WD black SN850 with a heatsink. Sony are looking go buy EA. That would be huge. Especially with the sports games! I think they will also have deals with konami and enix square. I think thats the way gaming is going now. Sony has already bought up a lot of 3rd party houses earlier. * +

alvar89 28.01.22 - 12:41pm
Thats not good for the pc platform. Ea bought codemaster. The biggest fanbase for dirt rally games are on pc were the best simulation support is. Consoles dont even support ultrawide monitors while the super-ultrawide and triple screen are a must have option in rally and racing simulators. Plus all the motion riggs and pheriberals only excist on pc. Sony needs to step it up and add atleast ultrawide support. * +

alvar89 28.01.22 - 12:46pm
That nvme slot on the ps5 is crucial. Otherwise that 600gb will fill up fast. Even a 1tb might end up small in a few years when games go towards 200gb is size. I have 2tb of ssd space on my pc and its constantly full of games. Always have to move stuff over to a hdd. But the compressing games feature on the playstation will help alot with game sizes. Pc games are bigger also plus the mods for them.
I will use my 500gb usb3 ssd for my ps4 games on the ps5. Will save some space. Bought a 500gb ssd just for that and added a cheap sata to usb3 adapter to it. Most of my ps4 games are on there. * +

alvar89 28.01.22 - 12:50pm
Fallout 4 was itself smaller than my mod folder lol.gif The mod folder took 80gb. Same with skyrim se. Otherwise a small game ended up close to a 100gb. I hope that this time around the consoles get better modding support. Red dead redemption 2 without any mods is 119gb on pc faint.gif *

« <

Quick reply:

+ refresh
+ go to page 1-4
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
6 first page
+ bookmark
8 Games Forum
9 Forum Index