! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

Gaming PC Build - Page 3/5

Subject: Gaming PC Build
« <> »
norega 14.03.15 - 03:37pm
Fair enough mike. I have not put a optical drive in a new build for about 5 years now . And i would spend a bit more than 80 pounds on a good psu for that build . Superflower make probrably the best psu on the market .They are oem suppliers for nearly all major brand suppliers and worth every penny . And if your gaming at 4k i would sell the 970 as it will struggle with its ram problems . * +

mikewall 14.03.15 - 04:11pm
No not going for 4k maybe in a few years time so 1080p is fine for now, already got 750w psu Antec Edge 750 came with cpugpu mobo, like i said bargin. I usally game on xbox one and newt will tell u that we had a few chat about it over the years but i just could not turn this down! the mobo,cpu, gpu just over 6 months old, psu 11 month old. My mate could have got 250gbp for it! but his mrs got s**tty because he had so much pc stuff lying around and threaened to chuck it out * +

norega 14.03.15 - 08:10pm
You got a proper bargin if that is really the price you paid . Your friend could have got around 550 - 600 pound for that kit . * +

mikewall 14.03.15 - 10:18pm
Really did only reason I'm building this rig, my mrs would never let my spend a grand plus on a pc! Hence up until now I've only used my lappy and console to game on * +

mikewall 14.03.15 - 10:24pm
Didn't help that my mate had his new kit, a pc he's half built for his son, and one he's upgrading for his brother, and all these spare parts ganging round his place! So his mrs got the dog on! He needed cash for a new tyre on his beamer urgent like. I was in right place right time! I am installing a car hifi/handsfree kit for him soon obviously for free lol * +

getoboi 18.03.15 - 12:52pm

@ norega - 12.03.15 - 07:01pm
Who the hell puts optical drives into a pc nowdays . Those things are as dead as vhs tapes and cd's

We in India need it. As network sux
Here. Hardly get 128 KBps for approx 12 Britons pounds worth. That is 1200 local rs. Speed not enough for digital download, have to buy retail DVDs. * +

newt182 18.03.15 - 09:06pm
A DVD burner is only 20 pounds, might as well throw one into your build. I do because other people still use disks. I could probably get away with never using one but there are times when they are needed. Like, for example, when I started a job several months ago I was given an introduction DVD to watch. Or when a friend comes around and wants some media put on a disk. Until everyone stops using them I will have one in my PC. Well actually it's a Blu ray player/DVD/CD burner. * +

« <> »

Quick reply:

+ go to page 1-5
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
6 first page
7 last page
+ bookmark
8 Games Forum
9 Forum Index