! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

Retro Gaming - Page 1/1

Subject: Retro Gaming
Replies: 6 Views: 486

wildhart 24.03.23 - 08:27pm
Anybody here into retro gaming? Just fallen down a rabbit whole collecting Megadrive games again. Also recently got the rather excellent Evercade VS as well * +

warded 24.03.23 - 10:01pm
I can stomach mostly any game since the Nintendo Entertainment System. (1983 onwards) * +

norega 28.03.23 - 09:46pm
I collect boxed sealed GameCube games I have over 30 and some very rare ones , also have a snes and games as well as gameboys and a mega drive .currently toying with the idea of starting to collect pc engine games * +

warded 29.03.23 - 03:44pm
Well, i don't currently collect games intentionally. They just keep piling up as i prefer physical copies over digital ones. Mainly since ps2 (stopped selling/trading after that)... My backlog is massive and there are some sealed games in the mix too. i mainly do DS, 3DS and Switch. I have some games that i considered worth owning on devices i don't have for example MURAMASA THE DEMON BLADE, MADWORLD, HALO 1 and 2 etc. * +

trunking 29.03.23 - 06:21pm
I have mini retro consoles. * +

mitsossj 1.04.23 - 01:46pm
Retro collecting has become quite an expensive hobby nowadays. Especially for consoles, games and toys, not up to it even tho my original sega mega drives 1 and 2 are in great shape and all cartridges fully functional. Last year i built a mini retro pc which can easily play games up to ps2/dreamcast/gamecube era. I mostly play solo ps1 mega drive nes and gamegear games there, and when i have friends we play multish*t on arcade and n64. For me The benefits of having a pc as a retro machine and not cheap android boxes or fixed overpriced mini versions of retro consoles is that you can add anytime the roms you want for the system you want and use the specific controllers for it (as long as you have them with usb or own adapters). Its not like the ports used in the *official* mini retro releases are superior or anythng. Last but not least, you can even play with even more than 4 people (if the game allows it) * +

mitsossj 1.04.23 - 02:00pm
If i could give some tips about builting your own retro console after a lot of search, trial and error (yes i managed to literally roast 1 mini pc and 1 nvme separately) would suggest 1) batocera as the OS (lightweight, friendly user, many versions to choose (canbe installed on ancient systems really), has great community, updates often and you can customise it to your likes. 2) also if you are going to play games from the ps2 and onwards eras your pc/mini pc MUST have cooling system on the CPU and in general cooling fans. Seriously dont be like me and destroy your hardware from overheat. 3) for dc/ps2 late games/ps3 and on you will defo need your machine to have a separate graphics card. *

Quick reply:

+ refresh
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
+ bookmark
8 Games Forum
9 Forum Index

Custom Search