! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

Steam deck - Page 1/1

Subject: Steam deck
Replies: 7 Views: 678

norega 15.01.23 - 06:07pm
Anyone got one ? Had a play on one at work during the week was so impressed I bought the 256gb version cant wait for it to arrive . * +

alvar89 15.01.23 - 08:18pm
It looks like a great device. But the build quality seems more like a prototype in terms of rigidness and quality. Will wait for a revision. The next one supposedly has a improved battery and screen. * +

norega 15.01.23 - 11:26pm
I thought it didnt look great but in hand it feels good . For what it cost to be honest its an absolute bargain . Played Spider-Man and call of duty absolutely fine and to be fair I was stunned on how good it was . * +

alvar89 16.01.23 - 08:23am
Cant argue about the price its very good. What they have done to the software not needing windows is also great work. The community does the work for them also. Very good way to go keeping it open. Imagine if sony and microsoft did that to there console. * +

norega 16.01.23 - 12:42pm
Best thing is it already has a massive modding community and no doubt someone will release a better battery and screen eventually. Its certainly a step in the right direction and the architecture inside is very good and you cant build a pc with new parts for 450 that gives you the same performance. Yeah there are other handhelds with better specs but cost over 1k . Its also great that Linux is taking off like it has ,, said a few years back it was the future of pc gaming and the future looks good for Linux support going forward . Even tried steam os on my desktop and although not perfect its regular updates improve it with each update * +

alvar89 16.01.23 - 06:29pm
Sony is really stupid not making a handheld again similar to this. They have the capability and know how. Same with samsung they have top of the line hardware they could make one with higher quality. * +

norega 16.01.23 - 11:44pm

@ alvar89 - 16.01.23 - 06:29pm
Sony is really stupid not making a handheld again similar to this. They have the capability and know how. Same with samsung they have top of the line hardware they could make one with higher quality.

Lets be honest Sony sux . They way they are crying at the moment over call of duty is pathetic, if they made a handheld it would be locked down expensive and a waste of time * +

norega 3.02.23 - 02:36pm
Absolutely loving the steam deck . Anyone interested in pc gaming should buy one its unbeatable value *

Quick reply:

+ refresh
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
+ bookmark
8 Games Forum
9 Forum Index

Custom Search