! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

Microsoft Being Sued Over Major Xbox One.. - Page 1/1

Subject: Microsoft Being Sued Over Major Xbox One..
Replies: 3 Views: 1420

ufohunter 15.10.20 - 08:44am
.. controller defect

[Link]https://comicbook.com/gaming/news/xbox-one-series-x-controller-microsoft-sued/[/link]

repost.gifXbox is being sued over a major Xbox One controller problem, a problem that has plagued the Nintendo Switch and also resulted in multiple lawsuits lodged against Nintendo. *

ufohunter 15.10.20 - 08:48am
According to the lawsuit, Xbox customers are being made to repair a known fault, or in other words, a fault that Microsoft knows about, but isn't fixing.

Said by McFadden (originator of the lawsuit), Microsoft is well aware of the issue after fielding numerous complaints, however, despite this, ''failed to disclose the defect and routinely refuses to repair the controllers without charge when the defect manifests.'' *

ufohunter 15.10.20 - 08:56am
''A simple Google search on this issue reveals multiple forum and message boards dedicated to stick drift; YouTube instructional videos of users attempting to fix the issue on their own; and even replacement joystick components from Amazon and other sellers,'' adds the lawsuit, which claims that the potentiometer within the joystick contains a major design flaw.

For those that don't know: drifting refers to when an analogue stick moves untouched. And it's a problem that plagues all controllers, including not just Nintendo Switch Joy-Cons and Xbox One controllers, but even PS4 controllers. However, until this lawsuit, the Nintendo Switch Joy-Cons have been the focal point of the conversation, mostly because Joy-Cons suffer from the problem more than Xbox and PlayStation controllers. *

warded 15.10.20 - 09:51am
i've read about this, but haven't had it myself on switch. *

Quick reply:

+ refresh
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
+ bookmark
8 Games Forum
9 Forum Index

Custom Search