! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

Half Life Alyx - Page 1/1

Subject: Half Life Alyx
Replies: 2 Views: 765

newt182 17.05.20 - 03:20pm

What an incredible game - Visually, I have only just started playing

The incredible sense of immersion in the world is mind blowing. I remember my first experience with Nvidia 3D Vision and how playing Darksiders surprised me at how good everything looked. Like there was the character I was playing standing just there in from of me. It was really impressive and I missed playing those types of games as it did add a lot of immersion. But VR is different and better.

I bought an Oculus Quest as you can now hook them up to a gaming PC or use them independently. On their own, they are fairly impressive and there are some good games that can be bought from the Oculus store (expensive though). However this doesn't push the limits of VR, currently, and is no where near as good as playing PC VR games. If future games are like Half Life Alyx, VR is where games are heading

Anyone played this? *

3mel 18.05.20 - 11:39pm
I've watched a couple of streamers play it, they had to take breaks over motion sickness. *

newt182 19.05.20 - 06:13pm
I think I like to take a break about every hour now. Motion sickness feels loads better after playing for about 10 ish hours across all games in total. I can stop playing now and not feel sick

Oh really weird thing. My brain at the back left hand side feels like it is working a lot when in game and when I look at illuminated screens it sometimes appears in a weird 3D (I know it is already) way *

Quick reply:

+ refresh
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
+ bookmark
8 Games Forum
9 Forum Index

Custom Search