! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

Nintendo Playstation. - Page 1/2

Subject: Nintendo Playstation.
Replies: 12 Views: 1594
> »
obi_jon 6.03.20 - 07:51pm
I can remember hearing the rumours/myths about this machine back when I was kid, turns out they were actually true.

[link]http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-51628836[/link]

Nintendo briefly teamed up with Sony to make an updated version of their SNES console which featured an inbuilt CD-ROM drive but the machine remained as a prototype and never made it to market. Nintendo instead chose to persue an ill-faited CD-Rom project with Phillips that was quickly forgotten, whilst Sony went on to develop the Playstation on it's own and the rest is gaming history.
The myth was finally proven true when an example of the machine was discovered accidentally in a box of random junk cleared from the offices of a former tech company which had once employed an ex-nintendo executive. This now ultra-rare piece of gaming history, the only surviving example of it's type known to exist, has just been sold at auction for quid.gif234,000/money2.gif300,000. * +

obi_jon 6.03.20 - 07:55pm
* +

obi_jon 6.03.20 - 08:17pm
Basically a prototype PS1 with a front loading CD tray, with a fully functioning SNES cartridge slot on the top. The finders of the machine report having tested it and say it does play SNES cartridges, the CD-ROM drive works and plays audio CDs but not PS1 games, no games were ever developed for it and Sony adopted a different CD format for the PS1 itself. * +

crail 6.03.20 - 09:21pm
I remember the CD drive you could plug into the snes. My mate had one * +

3mel 7.03.20 - 12:29am
maybe it was for the best, Nintendo do a lot more of their own games don't they ?

maybe there'd have been a lot less made. * +

warded 7.03.20 - 03:17pm
The Nintendo games on Philips CD-I are notorious. * +

ufohunter 12.03.20 - 08:34pm
I still have a working Sony PSone console, could be worth a fortune in the future * +

crail 13.03.20 - 02:33am

@ ufohunter - 12.03.20 - 08:34pm
I still have a working Sony PSone console, could be worth a fortune in the future

They were mass produced. It's never going to be worth anything. Millions have one * +

> »

Quick reply:

+ go to page 1-2
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
7 last page
+ bookmark
8 Games Forum
9 Forum Index

Custom Search