! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

Xbrick1 - Page 1/3

Subject: Xbrick1
Replies: 18 Views: 2333
> »
obi_jon 9.12.13 - 02:16pm
A number of Xbox1 owners have been tricked into bricking their brand new consoles by an online scam. Apparently someone posted a set of instructions online to change certain settings that it was promised would unlock hidden features within the consoles, including non existant features such as backwards compatibility. Unfortunately, once the instructions are followed, the machines enter an endless reboot loop that effectively renders them completely useless.
[link]http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/video-games/video-game-news/10505273/Xbox-owners-tricked-into-destroying-consoles.html[/link] * +

guillium 9.12.13 - 02:18pm
Pmpl the divs deserved it.... I'm guessing it's related to the hidden developer menu? * +

phallica 9.12.13 - 02:32pm
Darwinism at work. * +

obi_jon 9.12.13 - 02:34pm
Yes they did and yes it was. Microsoft are unlikely to fix them under warranty as the fault is self inflicted. * +

phallica 9.12.13 - 03:24pm
The thread was on 4chan of all places, anyone that blindly followed instructuons on there should be kicked in the head. * +

gooji 9.12.13 - 03:50pm
So what were these so called hidden features * +

obi_jon 9.12.13 - 03:56pm
Backwards compatability appears to be the main one that drew people in, I don't know what else was promised.dontknow.gif
* +

bobdylan 9.12.13 - 04:12pm
I head if u put a xboxone in a microwave for ten mins full power it effectively jail brakes it , free apps free games free movies * +

> »

Quick reply:

+ go to page 1-3
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
7 last page
+ bookmark
8 Games Forum
9 Forum Index

Custom Search