! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

Top Ten Films Of All Time - Page 9/10

Subject: Top Ten Films Of All Time
« <> »
psnality 19.11.15 - 09:05pm

@ garion - 19.11.15 - 08:29pm
With regard to your Hobbit point - definitely cut out the ludicrous love story (Tauriel wasn't even a character in the book) but Legolas? Admittedly he wasn't in the book either, but the bit where he's jumping barrel to barrel shooting Orcs is wonderful cinematic stuff.

That bit bugged me, the law of physics and gravity wouldn't allow anyone to do that, even an elf.
It was too cartoony for a film like that and not really grounded in the Lord of The Rings reality, JRR Tolkien would have turned in his grave. * +

garion 19.11.15 - 10:10pm

@ psnality - 19.11.15 - 09:05pm
That bit bugged me, the law of physics and gravity wouldn't allow anyone to do that, even an elf.
It was too cartoony for a film like that and not really grounded in the Lord of The Rings reality, JRR Tolkien would have turned in his grave.

Fair point I guess, I liked it though - I expect LOTR to be serious, I was more or less prepared for the Hobbit to be just fun. * +

vampdude 20.11.15 - 06:45pm

@ psnality - 19.11.15 - 04:02pm
Two of the worst things I hated about the prequels, Jar Jar Binks and Hayden Christensen and the fact it was too much about politics, although I learned a lot about politics I still hate politics and it doesn't belong in a Star Wars film.
The third was okay as it was more about the action but the awful acting of Hayden made me not like it.

Thing about The Hobbit, cut out Legolas and the silly love story and you got a good film.

Jar Jar was just a bad gimmick, which funnily enough you can hear him on the DVD and Blu-ray of RotJ... ''WEESA FREE!''

So that means he's still alive for Episodes VII, through to IX for an appearance. But they heard all the complaints 16 years ago that he ruined Phantom Menace. laugh.gif * +

psnality 20.11.15 - 08:48pm

@ vampdude - 20.11.15 - 06:45pm
Jar Jar was just a bad gimmick, which funnily enough you can hear him on the DVD and Blu-ray of RotJ... ''WEESA FREE!''

So that means he's still alive for Episodes VII, through to IX for an appearance. But they heard all the complaints 16 years ago that he ruined Phantom Menace. laugh.gif

Really hope they don't put him in it, got my ticket booked yeah.gif * +

4juice 23.11.15 - 01:58pm
There are some movies that i might have missed out but these are the current movies from my all tim favourite.

1. The Godfather 1 and 2
2. Kill Bill vol 1 n 2
3. City Of God
4. Forrest Gump
5. Spiderman 2
6. The Grand Budaphest Hotel
7. The Departed
8. Eastern Promises
9. Troy
10. Pulp Fiction * +

king397 24.11.15 - 08:34am

@ psnality - 15.11.15 - 03:42pm
Yeah good film about occupied Poland during WW2, The Pianist

Yeah that's the top of my list.

2 man on fire
3 bad boys
4 the crow
5 the matrix
6 district 9
7 Tsotsi
8 See no evil, hear no evil
9 menace 2 society
10 predator * +

psnality 24.11.15 - 12:33pm

@ 4juice - 23.11.15 - 01:58pm
There are some movies that i might have missed out but these are the current movies from my all tim favourite.

1. The Godfather 1 and 2
2. Kill Bill vol 1 n 2
3. City Of God
4. Forrest Gump
5. Spiderman 2
6. The Grand Budaphest Hotel
7. The Departed
8. Eastern Promises
9. Troy
10. Pulp Fiction

Kill Bill definitely for the Japanese uncut versions, they did do a Whole blood Affair version with both parts made into one film all uncut with extra scenes.
Love all the films on your list. * +

« <> »

Quick reply:

+ go to page 1-10
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
6 first page
7 last page
+ bookmark
8 Fun&Media Forum