! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

Planet Earth II - Page 2/6

Subject: Planet Earth II
« <> »
garion 6.11.16 - 10:04pm

@ crail - 6.11.16 - 09:50pm
That was stunning. Those snakes were like something out of a horror film!

Seen that on Twitter too mate, it had that effect on me too - the way their heads all synchronised as the baby iguanas moved. But what about the perception of a new-born - stay still, their eyes are weak and sense movement; how did he KNOW? * +

lucky13 6.11.16 - 10:34pm

@ crail - 6.11.16 - 09:50pm
That was stunning. Those snakes were like something out of a horror film!

I know right! I never knew snakes had the pack mentality * +

crail 7.11.16 - 12:49am

@ garion - 6.11.16 - 10:04pm
Seen that on Twitter too mate, it had that effect on me too - the way their heads all synchronised as the baby iguanas moved. But what about the perception of a new-born - stay still, their eyes are weak and sense movement; how did he KNOW?

Always amazes me how animals just know what to do * +

xxlee 8.11.16 - 02:47pm
Because they are not daft, just like when a cat gets chased of a dog the cat thinks ok I will go up that tree because dogs cant climb trees. * +

garion 8.11.16 - 05:11pm

@ xxlee - 8.11.16 - 02:47pm
Because they are not daft, just like when a cat gets chased of a dog the cat thinks ok I will go up that tree because dogs cant climb trees.

Fair point, but a tiny baby kitten with eyes barely open wouldn't, and young Iggy was a hatchling, seeing the world for the first time without any kinda learned responses or parental instruction.
Mind you, the new-born Orchid Mantis doing the Kung Fu thing to that giant spider in Life Stories was one of the most amazing things I've seen, and I doubt his mom had had time to tell him lol.gif so you're probably right, still incredible though. * +

garion 8.11.16 - 05:16pm
[link]YouTube link:http://youtu.be/7wKu13wmHog[/link] Kung Fu Mantis v Jumping Spider. * +

lucky13 8.11.16 - 05:36pm
Did anyone else think that their was some CGI done? * +

« <> »

Quick reply:

+ go to page 1-6
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
6 first page
7 last page
+ bookmark