! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

Planet Earth II - Page 6/6

Subject: Planet Earth II
« <
garion 11.12.16 - 07:58pm
Last one tonight guys, starting now. * +

garion 16.12.16 - 12:05am
Watching the 'Jungles' episode of Planet Earth II reminds me that we had a spider monkey.. (briefly)
My mom was really soft-hearted, and couldn't bear animal cruelty, and one day, walking past the village pet shop she saw a baby spider monkey in a cage - not a big Safari Park job with room to swing from limb to limb, a cage that'd be claustrophobic for a tortoise - so she bought it..

I got back from school and saw the latest addition to our family - not a competitive brother or odious sister, but something that would make me 2kool4skool, big time - I was trying to work it out in my head - obviously I couldn't go in and say: 'OMG, WE'VE GOT A SPIDER MONKEY!' it'd have to be more, 'yeah, I mean since we've had the spider monkey it's been..'

A couple of hours later, my dad got back, perfunctorally kissed my mom on the cheek, cast a speculative glance at us kids (this would be the cue for mom to advise him of any minor transgressions we may have committed) and settled down to read the paper. * +

garion 16.12.16 - 12:05am
The spider monkey, not being included in either the perfunctory kiss or speculative glance, took this rather badly and hanging in a prehensile stylee from the decorative curtain pelmet, proceeded to hurl it's sh*t at him..

..the first my dad knew about this was that the Daily Mail was becoming wet and sh*tty, but he would probably have put that down to creeping liberal bias, then he lowered the paper, and the next volley got him right between his eyes..

After an hour-long struggle (excrementally extended) the poor thing was captured, put in a catbox (where it howled piteously all night) and returned to the shop by my irate father the following morning. I still told all the kids at school that we'd had a spider monkey, but I think only my friends believed me.. * +

3mel 16.12.16 - 02:37am
pmpl.gif there's lessons for both people and primates in that tale... * +

garion 16.12.16 - 08:14am

@ 3mel - 16.12.16 - 02:37am
pmpl.gif there's lessons for both people and primates in that tale...

*laughs* shake.gif
* +

crail 20.02.17 - 03:14am
Get ready for blue planet II later this year smile.gif *

« <

Quick reply:

+ refresh
+ go to page 1-6
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply