! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

Black Bar Haters - Page 1/2

Subject: Black Bar Haters
Replies: 9 Views: 841
> »
garion 15.10.16 - 10:56pm
I'm a bit of a BBH myself - if a film's 2:35:1 (letterboxed) then, ok, but it's such a pity that your lovely big screen is displaying a picture in a narrow slot across the middle of it - and yeah.. you could zoom, but then you've got tall, thin, pixellated people.

Watching Back to the Future, Avatar or Planet Earth with your screen completely filled with content is such a joy that moving to a 'letterboxed' film is like listening to mono via your stereo.

So there's a list [link]here:http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=9502[/link] which shows most of the movies avaliable on blu-ray which'll fill your screen up with loveliness hearts.gif
(The guy who compiled it seems kinda antsy about people reproducing it, which is why I've linked to the page rather than pasting the list.)

Note: 1:78:1 fills your widescreen tv, some titles are listed as 1:85:1, these will almost fill your screen, but with quite tiny black bars top and bottom, these are not particularly troubling; nothing like seeing half your telly gone AWOL.
Enjoy.

P.S. in the course of searching based on the topic title, I came across a lot of weird stuff from people who were freaked out by going into pubs with a largely Afro-Caribbean clientele, so I hope the direct link saves you from that depressing insight into internet racism. * +

3mel 16.10.16 - 12:54am
ha, I reckon you've saved yourself some misery by not trying to paste that list here.
on a side note I didn't think I'd be impressed by watching TV on a 4k screen but how wrong could I have been. Netflix is about the only place you can easily watch anything, but it really is impressive on a nice sized TV. * +

garion 16.10.16 - 10:59am
I can't watch the non-HD channels on my 4K screen, they look so blurry and horrid, so it's severely limited the available channels. Fortunately I've got a good few dvd's and blu-rays. * +

lucky13 16.10.16 - 02:16pm
I dont understandcry * +

psnality 16.10.16 - 03:29pm
I just use Windows classic and put it on full picture or put the tv on full picture, no more black bars. * +

crail 16.10.16 - 03:37pm

@ 3mel - 16.10.16 - 12:54am
ha, I reckon you've saved yourself some misery by not trying to paste that list here.
on a side note I didn't think I'd be impressed by watching TV on a 4k screen but how wrong could I have been. Netflix is about the only place you can easily watch anything, but it really is impressive on a nice sized TV.

The new xbox has a 4k blu-ray player and it's cheaper than the standalones at around 200 quid. It's not a crap player either. Might get one myself * +

3mel 16.10.16 - 04:09pm
I don't believe in buying DVDs and BlueRays. you pay 20 quid plus for something that you most likely will watch once and then it sits taking up space. I'd make an exception for a boxset that has a chance of repeat views but that's about it. * +

garion 16.10.16 - 06:03pm
But if you hang around for a bit, you can pick up the dvd for less than the price of a cinema ticket, and you don't get idiots slurping Slush Puppies and checking Facebook every 10 seconds, and you can pause it and go for a wee..

edit that goes for blu-rays too these days - picked up Ex Machina (blu-ray) for 4:99 the other day and the Back to the Future trilogy was only a tenner. * +

> »

Quick reply:

+ go to page 1-2
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
7 last page
+ bookmark
8 Fun&Media Forum
9 Forum Index

Custom Search