! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

Black Bar Haters - Page 2/2

Subject: Black Bar Haters
« <
garion 14.01.17 - 11:01pm
Ok, so here's a tip for the committed Black Bar Hater - you may have your dvd/blu-ray player set to its maximum resolution (4K if you've got a 4K tv) but then you're stuck with Black Bars for ever. Since I don't have an Ultra HD player, and I don't really notice the upscaling to 3840 x 2160, the standard high definition signal (1080) is about what you'd see anyway, and the thing is, if you set up your source to output a lower resolution than your tv, you can zoom the picture using your tv's aspect ratio settings - hence, if you have a 1080 screen, you'd be able to zoom the black bars off if you changed the output to 720, similarly, with a 4K tv, change the output (from the dvd/blu-ray player) to '1080/24p' and you can have full screen movies, obviously with a commensurate loss of pixel density or whatever, but for me it's worth it to have my whole screen filled with content, rather than half of it.. * +

garion 22.01.17 - 10:12pm
Brade Runner lol.gif looks so much more intense (and threatening) without the Black Bars..

(the photo was taken in almost complete darkness with my mobile - there are tealights burning in salt crystal holders, which account for the orange lights, but frankly I'm surprised it came out at all, lol) *

« <

Quick reply:

+ refresh
+ go to page 1-2
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
6 first page
+ bookmark
8 Fun&Media Forum
9 Forum Index