! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

Chromecast... - Page 1/2

Subject: Chromecast...
Replies: 9 Views: 1517
> »
notsabad 3.04.15 - 10:29am
Anybody had any experience using one of these?.. I bought one about a week ago.. I'm more of a streamer than a downloader and prefer to watch everything on my TV screen so figured this would suit my needs perfectly... And for 30 quid, definitely worth a try.... * +

notsabad 3.04.15 - 10:31am
So far, I've tried Netflix and all the iplayer type apps, sending them to my TV from both my phone and my laptop and have to say, they worked pretty much spit on.. Good quality pictures with no lag.... However, that doesn't give me anything that my xbox doesn't already give me... * +

notsabad 3.04.15 - 10:35am
I've also tried various sites to stream TV shows, films, football and even tested it out with the wrestling last Sunday night but this is where it failed me... They all have lag and jumpy pictures which are really noticeable during action scenes.... I'm upgrading to Bt fibre optic WiFi from April 8th so I'll see if this makes it any better... I'm not particularly optimistic though... Anybody have any thoughts on other ways to try and improve it?... * +

3mel 3.04.15 - 10:42am
try pausing the stream for 5 minutes so the buffer gets full. a mate said this mostly worked for him. if there's any option to increase the buffer size that might help too. the more you have already the smoother it plays in theory...
he'd get the grey section of the progress bar almost covering the full length of the show on a thirty minute show.
or you could look for an app or plugin that let you capture (aka download) streamed files so it runs as a download would in playback terms. that's probably a headache on sites like Netflix. * +

notsabad 3.04.15 - 10:43am
Orrrrr... I doubt were allowed to mention streaming sites by name in here but if anyone knows of a decent site I could test streaming something from, I'd appreciate an inbox and I'll inform you of the results.... * +

3mel 3.04.15 - 10:48am
darewall my mate uses... my sister uses couch tuner (this reply might self destruct) they both are exercises in knowing what to click and what not too to avoid a s**t tonne of pop up windows. I believe they'll be youtube videos on the subject. * +

notsabad 3.04.15 - 12:37pm
Cheers Mel... I tried the pausing and waiting for it to buffer method with a couple of episodes of the walking dead on Putlocker... It was still very jumpy... Watching it on the laptop was perfect though... It just loses something when it's being sent from the laptop to the Chromecast... So better WiFi may help but I don't really think so... * +

notsabad 3.04.15 - 12:41pm
And I've noted the sites you mentioned so if it needs destruction, so be it.... I've had experience with the whole what to click or not click thing in the past, so I know not to freak out when 6 new pages randomly open... * +

> »

Quick reply:

+ go to page 1-2
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
7 last page
+ bookmark
8 Fun&Media Forum
9 Forum Index

Custom Search