! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

single parents - Page 4/8

Subject: single parents
« <> »
obsidian21 16.10.14 - 06:41pm
if he wants just a gf I wouldn't even bother and get attached in such a relationship, is not worth it. sure it doesn't bother me to break up but the attachment goes to too many persons this time and if I get to really love them and then we have to split it wouldn't be too nice for me so id just not begin a relationship in the first place with a single dad. it hurts enough when you miss just one person. * +

bozzalad 16.10.14 - 09:38pm
very true mab, btw you're lovely * +

obsidian21 16.10.14 - 09:44pm
thank you, bozzahappy.gif * +

tragedi 17.10.14 - 05:21am
I honestly find it hard to date a guy with a kid. I have an 11 month old son, and I wouldn't want someone coming in practicing their parenting on him, such as disciplining. Plus his dad is active in his life, but we're no longer together. So, on top of dealing with my son, you would also have to be comfortable with his relationship between him and his father....it would be weird. * +

tragedi 17.10.14 - 05:24am
Also, if things don't work out, the breakup will also affect the kid. Too many broken hearts. * +

mikeymk 17.10.14 - 05:36am

@ tragedi - 17.10.14 - 05:21am
I honestly find it hard to date a guy with a kid. I have an 11 month old son, and I wouldn't want someone coming in practicing their parenting on him, such as disciplining. Plus his dad is active in his life, but we're no longer together. So, on top of dealing with my son, you would also have to be comfortable with his relationship between him and his father....it would be weird.

I'm in the same position. Neither the wife or myself are in any hurry for replacements, it's just not feasible to have someone new in my life from where i'm standing atm. * +

mikeymk 17.10.14 - 05:40am
I have a lot of experience with step-parentage. I was raised by my stepmum and i'm a stepdad myself.

I didn't intend to be. It's not the way forward. I hated my upbringing and since being a stepdad i've found how cold, hard and thankless a task it is.

Much as it's hard to see people treating their own kids differently to their step kids, it's extremely hard not to do it (read impossible). * +

« <> »

Quick reply:

+ go to page 1-8
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
6 first page
7 last page
+ bookmark
8 Dating Forum
9 Forum Index