! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

data sim with telkom mobile - Page 3/4

Subject: data sim with telkom mobile
« <> »
ungers 3.06.15 - 07:56pm
Anyway, i posted the link, cos i found it in a online ad..........like i said, i didnt bother, cos i knew the download speed would be worthless, didnt know about the throttling, making it extra worthless...cant even stream youtube on that............. * +

diesel15 6.06.15 - 07:30am
I hope you idiots realize that even if you somehow find some use for the data, and end up using over a gb on that particular activity, then it will be blocked. This is not through the network, this is a company buying out an APN from the network and saying let us have unlimited internet to all using that APN, from those numbers approved to do so. All internet activity will be monitored. Data sim are the third party here, offering you their monitored APN for use. * +

ungers 6.06.15 - 09:29am
1gb?.....this is modern times......I eat 3gb/day easily......sometimes more, I download movies, series and software.......I just schedule my computer to shut down when all downloads has finished....... * +

diesel15 6.06.15 - 06:16pm

@ ungers - 6.06.15 - 09:29am
1gb?.....this is modern times......I eat 3gb/day easily......sometimes more, I download movies, series and software.......I just schedule my computer to shut down when all downloads has finished.......

I miss the part where I said that 1gb is a lot? Re-read my post, and reply back when you see how the use of 1gb serves to emphasize what a s**t deal this so called Data Sim is. * +

ungers 7.06.15 - 07:12pm
No, u got it wrong.....i meant its a s**tty deal, wasn't meant for u....but they cap a user at 1 gb? Seems like a rip-off........ * +

ungers 7.06.15 - 07:14pm

@ nosfratu - 3.06.15 - 05:56pm
Well they phoned me today and I will be getting my simcard next wednesday... Then I will use it and give a proper review here for u guys... Also they only claim that their speed is max 282kb/s and that they also do throttle users that are constantly using the internet. That's also why they say they don't allow for busines use... But I will test it for a month and see how it is.

Dont forget to update us.......? * +

nosfratu 12.06.15 - 11:06am
Ok so I got my sim on Wednesday and been playing with it couple of days now but at work its cr*p as I normally don't have signal on Telkom mobile and yes they actually use telkom mobile sim. I've used it on twitter no problem and I watch some twitter clips and yep their of the p*rn actresses hahaha so it depends on what sites u go that they block... Also if u do go to a p*rn site u get blocked by some security company an redirected to them with a message that the site violates the terms and conditions of u using their clients product they even blocked me from going onto WWE.COM. U can however if u want to go to such sites just change to ur normal APN and use data that u buy. I haven't tried skype yet. Facebook also no problem and most of the facebook videos work unless u get redirected to youtube or any other tube site. Qeep takes long to load but then I've always had problems on qeep with normal phones they don't like slow connections so the app keeps restarting. Wechat works strangely enough better with this than with my normal telkom data !! Showbox shows the episodes of series and movies but I haven't tried to download yet... Google playstore opens up shows apps but when u download it just keeps loading. So there will kepp updated. * +

« <> »

Quick reply:

+ go to page 1-4
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
6 first page
7 last page
+ bookmark
8 BlackBerry Forum
9 Forum Index