! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

something eating my data!!!??? :-o - Page 1/1

Subject: something eating my data!!!??? :-o
Replies: 7 Views: 5401

spngbob 25.07.15 - 02:30pm
I bought 1 gig data the other day and happily browsed the internet for abt 2 hours and only used +- 60 megs :) suddenly today,every time I connect via bb desktop,IE not even OPEN yet,the meter starts running and within 10 mins 100 megs GONE!!!! :( I have turned all auto updates OFF and Avira HAS been updated,so what else could be chowing my data???? Is there a way to check WHAT is eating the data???? * +

spngbob 25.07.15 - 02:33pm
Btw,I'm running windows 8 SL if that makes a difference? * +

ungers 29.07.15 - 07:45am
Windows updates, antivirus updates, and some apps on ur comp updates as well....even if everything is up to date, it still checks..... * +

ungers 29.07.15 - 07:46am
Turn auto-updates off, but some apps will still check its surroundings...... * +

ungers 31.07.15 - 09:45pm
Data will always flow on a computer connected to the web.....let's call it background noise, if u like.....and it chows your data, not pleasant, but a reality....it still constantly checks for updates, buzzing with activity, perhaps a trojan or two....its alive!!..... * +

breado89 1.08.15 - 07:52pm
if you downloaded pacman, he is known to always be hungry and if you stop playing he will start to eat your data you should delete pacman immediatley * +

spngbob 5.08.15 - 08:23pm
Does anyone know how to turn OFF the onedrive cr*p and e mail auto sync on windows 8.1???? If I want to update my mailbox on the pc, I will do it manually when I want to!!!!! The e mails come to my BB anyway,so don't need to sync them there as well????? * +

ungers 8.08.15 - 07:42pm
What u should do, is google your mail client, and bookmark the link........login from there, but click on dont remember any passwords........hope this helps, but then u gotta login manually everytime........ *

Quick reply:

+ refresh
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
+ bookmark
8 BlackBerry Forum
9 Forum Index

Custom Search