! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

9300 'other' - Page 1/2

Subject: 9300 'other'
Replies: 13 Views: 1758
> »
breado89 4.05.13 - 12:26pm
Hey guys just wondering can anyone tell me what the other consists off in the appplication storage memory because over 70 megs is being taken up by that leaving me with only 30 which also keeps decreasing and the other keeps increasing till I do I restart and its back at 30 megs free, I have minimal apps just opera mini and vscreenshot, I even deleted some of the standard apps and games just to maintain memory but still keeps on dropping, maybe if I new what other refered to I can clean it up a * +

yugan 4.05.13 - 05:13pm
Not really sure what it consist of I think I might have to do with application data such as personal settings for each app regardless of it being 3rd party or blackberry * +

breado89 4.05.13 - 06:48pm
70 megs. sounds like a lot for that because I have so few apps right now, thinking maybe I should do a software update and hope for the best * +

nttkd 4.05.13 - 07:49pm
I don't have any such thing on my 9300. possible that you installed something incompatible with the phone and its showing as other. doubt it though coz it wouldn't run and also would show as unknown * +

breado89 5.05.13 - 01:43pm
I don't think I installed anything incompatible coz I hardly do download apps but this situation is just annoying me because I can't, I saw online that there are software updates but released from other networks over seas, would it be safe to update my software with those? and if not does anybody know where I can get the latest version of os 6 for 9300? sorry to be a bother to anyone my searching just is leaving me with more and more questions * +

breado89 5.05.13 - 01:44pm
sorry I'm in s.a by the way * +

phly_kid 5.05.13 - 02:16pm
i dont claim to know everything however what i think is you have the 9300 version that has v6 OS which is bigger than the original v5 that came with former 9300 so that could be why you have very little application storage. Even on my torch after installing the OS and all my most important apps all i have is about 180mb. The phone is stated as having 768MB however only 512 of that is really usable and the OS gets installed there. As for OS yes you can install any of those versions as long as... * +

phly_kid 5.05.13 - 02:26pm
it states its for 9300. Just remember to delete the vendor file and the OS will work with any 9300 on any network. The trick when installing the OS is to unselect what you dont need like extra languages and other native apps. link to latest v6 for 9300 http://goo.gl/ecPUk Also backup important info coz you'll be basically erasing your current software to put another version. Also 3rd party apps that backup can help as I found out the hard way on a 9780 bold that BBM contacts dont get saved automatically. * +

> »

Quick reply:

+ go to page 1-2
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
7 last page
+ bookmark
8 BlackBerry Forum
9 Forum Index

Custom Search