! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

turbo whistle - Page 2/3

Subject: turbo whistle
« <> »
tekt0nix 16.01.14 - 07:35am
if u want a turbo car that last get a subaru * +

wettoast 16.01.14 - 04:56pm
maybe everything is just bedding in * +

mok214 17.01.14 - 01:35am

@ ghostrider - 16.01.14 - 02:55am
turbo rebuild? man that car is almost new

A rebuild is suggested because the problem is most likely the bearings. Replacing just the bearings is just ignoring the other problems bad bearings cause. * +

veronee 18.01.14 - 06:52pm
as mok says thats sounds like a vacuum leak , or if a turbocharger its dry as hell and is going to be a problem. rebuilding a turbocharger i would say in us price a 150 bucks around about thats a rebuild replace and install bearings check bearing carriers for wear. i would also maybe put in on a dyno and have that motor run up this way you can get a good idea of where the noise starts and its rough area. also check that cturbotimer is running correct or if it needs a tweek in software * +

ghostrider 19.01.14 - 05:12am
its turbo is getting rebuilt. mechanic told me about clogged dirty filter so dust particles were getting bombarded on turbo blades like a bullet causing blade wear. some minor wear now it will be taken care of. after its fixed will get dynod. also planning to get better brake setup maybe wilwood or brembo . * +

mok214 21.01.14 - 07:39pm
Google PMCS, Preventive Maintenance Checks and Services, for cars. The air filter is one of those weekly to monthly checks depending on your local environment. Print the checklist out and use it religiously, just like a pilot would. Then say this before you drive off, ''Would you stake your life in your car today?''. * +

mikeymk 22.01.14 - 06:27am
If a turbo fails on lubrication you'll get blue smoke from the exhaust. Dirt can damage the intake impeller but only in extreme cases would that that kind of deterioration happen in that time. * +

« <> »

Quick reply:

+ go to page 1-3
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
6 first page
7 last page
+ bookmark
8 Cars&Motor Sports Forum
9 Forum Index