! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

top 3 best cars ever! - Page 2/4

Subject: top 3 best cars ever!
« <> »
mok214 16.03.14 - 01:18pm
The VW Beetle. * +

rah1 16.03.14 - 07:33pm

@ spartan2 - 1.06.13 - 12:51am
Best as in what? Most groundbreaking maybe? Probably the BMC Mini, the E type and the F40. The mini because virtually everything practical since has followed the same pattern, the E type because it is the original affordable performance car that so many realistically could have owned and the F40 because it set the template for the original no holds barred, no compromise road going hypercar

Road going only in the sense it was road legal. In a practical sense it was terrible to drive on the road. Very heavy steering and clutch and so low the front would easily catch on the tarmac. Though not as bad as the Countach. Still a great iconic car though and I still look in awe when I see one in real life. Was my favourite car when I was a kid and I'll never forget the day I was at Maranello Ferrari in Egham and I was allowed to walk around the workshop at the back and the mechanic saw my * +

rah1 16.03.14 - 07:34pm
eyes light up so he pulled the red cover off the F40 and showed me round it. It was 1989. * +

spartan2 17.03.14 - 12:04am

@ rah1 - 16.03.14 - 07:33pm
Road going only in the sense it was road legal. In a practical sense it was terrible to drive on the road. Very heavy steering and clutch and so low the front would easily catch on the tarmac. Though not as bad as the Countach. Still a great iconic car though and I still look in awe when I see one in real life. Was my favourite car when I was a kid and I'll never forget the day I was at Maranello Ferrari in Egham and I was allowed to walk around the workshop at the back and the mechanic saw my

The steering isn't massively heavy in an F40. The clutch isn't light and the nose can be a problem but it's hardly exclusive to the F40, and there are optional nose raising kits that one might be wise to fit to a now half a million quid machine.

The point being the F40 was and still possibly is considered the ultimate of hypercar you can drive on the road. It is still ridiculously fast now and imagine how bonkers that was when it first launched 25 years+ ago.

It's just a pure driving machine without compromise. That is the template I refer to. * +

john4eva 26.04.14 - 10:48pm
Porshe,ferrari and lambogari * +

thesayan 27.04.14 - 05:05pm
my personal opinion of cars I have had or driven number one is The Opel Kadett 2L 16S only came out in south africa called it the Superboss number two would be the Opel Vauxhall Calibra loved to drive that car beautiful lines just sex on wheels third test drove the new 235M wow really blowed me away its a little rocketship that's just my opinion * +

s.l.y 11.06.16 - 02:02am
1989 opel kadett superboss 2.0l 16v n/a! wonder wots it called in the uk but I give credit to it! top performer! no doubt! * +

« <> »

Quick reply:

+ go to page 1-4
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
6 first page
7 last page
+ bookmark
8 Cars&Motor Sports Forum
9 Forum Index