! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

Electric scooters - Page 1/1

Subject: Electric scooters
Replies: 5 Views: 2652

ndrau 13.04.16 - 08:38pm
I have a 1000watt electric motor that I got from somebody that took it out of an electric scooter I want to put it on a bicycle will it be any good and what top speed will I get out of it ?I am new to the electric scene and would love some help please . . . * +

marc78 21.04.16 - 11:43pm
top speed will depend on ur batteries gear ratios ect * +

mok214 23.04.16 - 02:57am
Don't forget about the algebraic formulas you will need to calculate your weight to mass ratio. You will not have much issues with that if you use lightweight batteries like lithium ion, but if you use lead acid you just might not get much speed out of your setup. * +

mikeymk 7.05.16 - 03:58am
Use a generator * +

wettoast 7.05.16 - 08:29pm
Use your fking legs * +

mikeymk 5.06.16 - 02:26am
I use a petrol engine on my bike, but i'd mount an electric hub the same - in the frame. That way you can choose your gear ratio. In the wheel you're stuck with the one ratio but in the frame, with a chain drive, you can tweek it to your preference once you've tried it out.

I did this with my petrol engine - i don't need crazy acceleration from the 80cc motor, so i've twice reduced the size of the rear sprocket. The acceleration is still satisfactory (i can assist it with the long 3-speed pedals) but now it'll do around 40-50mph. A 1000w electric hub would work equally well this way.

My bike..

Quick reply:

+ refresh
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
+ bookmark
8 Cars&Motor Sports Forum
9 Forum Index

Custom Search