! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

Honda civic type r - Page 1/11

Subject: Honda civic type r
Replies: 71 Views: 17422
> »
esski 11.07.15 - 12:02pm
I was thinking about getting a 2008 type r and from 2007 to 2009 they range from about 6 n half to 7 n half grand do you think that's a bit expensive? For a car that's 7 years old.

They seem to range from about 50 to 70,000 miles on the clock. * +

wettoast 12.07.15 - 03:10pm
some 05 ep3s go for that money with low mileage and don't have rust above the windscreen and don't have a 3rd gear that pops out * +

esski 12.07.15 - 06:33pm
They range from 3 to 6 grand or though a better car I prefer the type r after 05 looks better. I just think their expensive. * +

spartan2 13.07.15 - 12:36am
It's what pretty much about what you would pay for that age hot hatch. But the FN2 Type R = fairly pants as it is.

Harsh ride and I do mean harsh, they crash about on British roads. Rock hard and difficult to live with everyday. Despite that they aren't all that communicative at the wheel, the EP3 is the better generation. No torque. Poor rear visibility. Fairly pricy running costs- Honda servicing and bits aren't cheap.

Mk5 Golf Gti, Focus ST both better and the pick of that hot hatch era. More fun. Definitely more tweakable too. R32 is good too but it's not actually that much faster or better than the GTI. Hell even the Megane R26 is better albeit less well built. You trade off the flimsiness for it's wonderful chassis. The VXR squirms about and handles like junk.

Drive them and decide. * +

spartan2 13.07.15 - 12:45am
[LINK]http://www.driving.co.uk/car-clinic/buying-guide-five-brilliant-hot-hatches-for-under-10000/[/LINK] * +

esski 15.07.15 - 11:42am

@ spartan2 - 13.07.15 - 12:36am
It's what pretty much about what you would pay for that age hot hatch. But the FN2 Type R = fairly pants as it is.

Harsh ride and I do mean harsh, they crash about on British roads. Rock hard and difficult to live with everyday. Despite that they aren't all that communicative at the wheel, the EP3 is the better generation. No torque. Poor rear visibility. Fairly pricy running costs- Honda servicing and bits aren't cheap.

Mk5 Golf Gti, Focus ST both better and the pick of that hot hatch era. More fun. Definitely more tweakable too. R32 is good too but it's not actually that much faster or better than the GTI. Hell even the Megane R26 is better albeit less well built. You trade off the flimsiness for it's wonderful chassis. The VXR squirms about and handles like junk.

Drive them and decide.

What's the FN2 type r is that the same as a MK8 I Don't know much about the 98-2005 except the MK6 handles better.

Are the MK8s really that bad? * +

spartan2 27.07.15 - 11:59am
Well they aren't very good road cars/everyday cars that's for sure. The Golf and the Focus are that much more refined and quicker really. Especially if you put just a remap on them! * +

underbelly 27.07.15 - 03:20pm
I'd never buy a ford n don't golf weigh 2 tons lol I luv the type r's. * +

> »

Quick reply:

+ go to page 1-11
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
7 last page
+ bookmark
8 Cars&Motor Sports Forum