! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

automatic carz are they 4 the laziest - Page 1/4

Subject: automatic carz are they 4 the laziest
Replies: 28 Views: 15632
> »
tee4mac 23.05.14 - 11:29am
jst a q * +

wettoast 23.05.14 - 11:49pm
ask an american * +

spartan2 24.05.14 - 12:55am
Having an auto makes it easy in city traffic and gradients. Which millions of Americans face everyday. * +

wettoast 26.05.14 - 12:30pm
every city in every country has stop-start traffic * +

spartan2 26.05.14 - 12:58pm
Most do. America however has had it for longer than most others so it's now just normal everyone has autos * +

polo_011 28.05.14 - 12:08am
My car is automatic, and I prefer it that way, I'm almost always in and out of traffic when going to and from varsity, and with the amount of uphills I face, I'd lose my mind (and my left leg) if I had a Manual, I actually believe that Auto should be Standard and Manual should be optional these days. Its fun to drive Manual but once in traffic I'd say its just awful. * +

spartan2 29.05.14 - 01:43am
I prefer a manual and for years they were better especially on stuff like fuel economy and strength but reality is the newer dual clutch style DSG gearboxes are probably the best around now. They change faster than anyone could using a manual clutch plus H pattern and most have pretty decent automatic only modes. Best of both worlds.

Downsides: complicated, expensive to build and service, heavy.

End of the day you can mess about with manuals and do stupid burnout starts and whatnot which even a DSG can't really replicate. Let's face it traction control is only there to be turned off lol.gif * +

grafevil 29.05.14 - 04:08am
I prefer double clutchd gear boxes. Audi a8 is nice with drive select option modes * +

> »

Quick reply:

+ go to page 1-4
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
7 last page
+ bookmark
8 Cars&Motor Sports Forum
9 Forum Index

Custom Search