! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

2nd superboss - Page 1/6

Subject: 2nd superboss
Replies: 41 Views: 3045
> »
lrdbyron 15.11.10 - 07:44pm
just bought a 2nd opel gsi 2.0 16v kadett.problem is car been standing few years body been rusting bad floor basically rusted away but the seats stil stable just where the pedals are it's rusted away,and both sills rust holes in to,so question is would it be wise to repair it or would it be better to just get another body if im lucky enough to find one * +

lrdbyron 15.11.10 - 07:45pm
and the normal rust on normal places like round the windscreen and rear fenders... * +

lrdbyron 15.11.10 - 07:46pm
and what could i use to prevent rust from coming back...ur replies would b much apreciated * +

d4dawg 15.11.10 - 07:49pm
I'd take it to a body shop first n ask an honest opinion before you go further, as outcome v money will be the issue * +

lrdbyron 15.11.10 - 07:55pm
yep was thinking that problem is getting it to the body shop as the car is not roadworthy at the mo.so looking for opinions just to get a rough idea as to what options i have the floor is my worry mostly the sills i know can be repaired. * +

sowickd 16.11.10 - 03:46am
Question is,r u gon kp this car n drive it 4da next 10yrs? If yes get a reputable opel mechie 2do compression test n check general well bein of da motor,if u must open up,open up.If all checks out,u kno u not wastin ur cash doin da body.Wot u describe wuld cost bout 15k 2 sort out * +

lrdbyron 16.11.10 - 03:27pm
yeah planning on keeping it 2ndly mechanically it's perfect just need a service like oil change filters and new plugs when i got there the previous owner just put in a new battery and petrol filled the tank with injector cleaner as well after like 2 tries boom it started no issues water still coming out the xhause at the back everything still works lcd dash lights it's just the body bought the * +

lrdbyron 16.11.10 - 03:28pm
car for like 4.5k so spending 15k not a issue * +

> »

Quick reply:

+ go to page 1-6
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
7 last page
+ bookmark
8 Cars&Motor Sports Forum