! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

more cd player help! - Page 1/5

Subject: more cd player help!
Replies: 33 Views: 2804
> »
axlisbak 4.05.10 - 12:19pm
okay guys about a motnh ago i purchased anpther datsun, though this time its a 180b, now this car has only had one owner since it was bought in 1978 so aoart from jellybean mags everything has been kept as it came * +

axlisbak 4.05.10 - 12:22pm
now im sick of listening to only am radio through the single 4 inch speaker in the dash, so i bought fusion 6x9 speakers and a clarion cd player to upgrade, problem is ive got no friggen clue as to how to go about it dislike looking at the wiring diagram in the datto book, the old radio only had 3 cables coming from it, only the blue one was power and the black and red ones were speaker wires * +

axlisbak 4.05.10 - 12:24pm
,so does that mean ill have to run more wires from the battery for the other power cables in my cd player? only reason im asking here is because google is absolutely no help and im sure a cd player wiring diagram for a 180b doesnt exist. any help would be appreciated guys. * +

axlisbak 4.05.10 - 12:28pm
and no, i dont want to spend hours looking in auto shops for one of those custom made radio plugs unless absolutely neccessary * +

schizzo 4.05.10 - 01:10pm
A normal radio would have a power wire(+), a memory wire (+), usually red and yellow, you can hook both up to a continues power source, then it will have a earth(-), usually black which can be fixed anywhere to the body. The rest should be speaker wires. * +

rsi.xav 4.05.10 - 01:10pm
If d blue wire is ignition power than al u need wil b a constant fused live fo d clarions memory nd a groundpoint. D clarion wil hav a red n orange/yellow wich wil b ur 2 positive wires nd black wil b ground. Speakerchannel shud b specified on d radio itself. It wud b advisable to pull thicker speakerwires thru fo d 6x9's fo soundquality. Gud luck n shout if u need anytin else. * +

rsi.xav 4.05.10 - 01:12pm
Chinx double chinx schizzo! J skuld my n blikkie coke.. Lmga * +

axlisbak 4.05.10 - 01:16pm
okay guys, youre speaking to a here, i know nothing about continuous power source, constant fused live etc. i know how to do the speaker wires, but i got no idea what i hook the power/memory wires to, ill write out something brb * +

> »

Quick reply:

+ go to page 1-5
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
7 last page
+ bookmark
8 Cars&Motor Sports Forum
9 Forum Index

Custom Search