! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

Galaxy Note Ultra - Page 9/11

Subject: Galaxy Note Ultra
« <> »
banbury 6.04.21 - 10:50am
Correct and I dont like the screen ratio to be honest even taller and narrower than other Androids 21.9 or whatever it is something silly like that * +

polo_011 6.04.21 - 03:31pm

@ 3mel - 5.04.21 - 06:52pm
[link]http://www.xda-developers.com/lg-smartphone-what-to-buy-next/[/link]

LG gives up making phones

Absolute shame, but also not surprising, they had really lost their way in recent times. I remember trying to decide between a LG V20 and Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge back in 2016. The V20 was a pretty cool phone in my opinion, it came with USB-C when most were still on MicroUSB (incl. Samsung) , it came with 18W fast charging when most were doing 15W (incl. Samsung), it came with a 2nd Ultra Wide Angle Lens camera when most were still using one lens, it also had 4 audio DACs that pushed out High-res audio while everyone else was simply using the basic stuff Qualcomm bundles with their chips. LG really built some truly awesome phones with incredible internal hardware and did a lot of things first before those things became mainstream, very unfortunate they lost their way. I ended up getting the S7 Edge over the V20 because the S7 Edge had a considerably larger battery, Exynos chips were more powerful than Snapdragon at the time, and Samsung always kept phones updated in my region, something LG were not very good at although they were interestingly good at this in most regions with the V20 and then they completely fell off the wagon after that.

LGs treatment of the LG G6 and V30 were really bad and I believe both had some hardware gremlins to, that pretty much was the nail in the coffin for LG, they don't seem to have ever recovered from how badly they messed up the G6 situation, interestingly enough the LG G6 is the phone that ushered in the current 18:9 screen ratio that has become the base standard for all smartphones now, LG literally brought in a whole lot of what we now call standard, I believe Optical Image Stabilization in smartphone cameras is also something LG first introduced in the industry.
* +

polo_011 6.04.21 - 03:58pm

@ 3mel - 5.04.21 - 10:20pm
Sony phones are really good, Sony are crap at selling them. they make the camera sensors for almost everyone else and have a history with audio products.

Such a pity about Sony, the day they bought Ericsson out was the day I feel they lost their magic. Sony literally has all the resources to create the ultimate Android smartphone and become the premier Android manufacturer, but they don't seem to be ambitious as they see their smartphone business as a competitor to all their other businesses like Camera, audio, gaming etc... It's the strangest situation I have ever seen, Sony actively stiphle their smart division to stop it from taking over their other divisions,i guess they want to avoid having a situation like Apple where one division accounts for an overwhelming amount of the revenue, but in Apples case they have a services division that is growing quickly enough that in 5-10 years time iPhone won't be as dominant on their balance sheet as it currently is.

Problem with Sony is that they don't seem that interested in services outside of PlayStation Network. What an incredibly odd company.

I miss the days of Sony Ericsson, where they made cool quirky phones like the Cyber-shot C905, Walkman W960, email and messaging focused M600 and P1, and Windows Mobile Xperia X1 and X2.

I think Sony will always be an example of what happens when too much infighting and company politics run the company, they very are lucky that the PlayStation brand is so established and that their camera sensors are well established in smartphones, media and film or they would have long been gone. * +

banbury 7.04.21 - 10:07am
Good old Sonyericsson lol although someone on here used to call them Sonybrickson * +

polo_011 7.04.21 - 01:36pm

@ banbury - 7.04.21 - 10:07am
Good old Sonyericsson lol although someone on here used to call them Sonybrickson

lol.gif I remember that! Lol, I actually came into this wapsite being a hardc*re Sony Ericsson fan in 2006 I think pmpl.gif and remember all the trolling i and others did around these devices, good times all in good fun and banter * +

sisfreak2017 8.04.21 - 05:00am
How far we've come.

T68 and its plug in camera.lol.gif * +

polo_011 9.04.21 - 09:33pm

@ sisfreak2017 - 8.04.21 - 05:00am
How far we've come.

T68 and its plug in camera.lol.gif

lol.gif I was 12 when this landed and I wanted it so bad, but ended up getting a Nokia 3510i with that Skydive game pmpl.gif have you seen the Xperia Pro? That phone is built to broadcast live visuals from TV Cameras straight to the TV network via 5G, so it is meant to replace portable modems and external monitors that typically get used by the cameramen at live football games in the stadium for example, that's where we are now, lol, the phone can pretty much run a whole feed to the network, work as a monitor and then your boss can phone and shout at you after the game for not getting all the angles lol. * +

« <> »

Quick reply:

+ go to page 1-11
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
6 first page
7 last page
+ bookmark
8 Android Forum
9 Forum Index