! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

Galaxy Note 8 - Page 7/11

Subject: Galaxy Note 8
« <> »
crail 10.02.18 - 08:34pm
Just 3 or 4mm crying.gif * +

3mel 11.02.18 - 12:28am
what are you doing with these phones that you want em that little bit wider ? afraid.gif * +

crail 11.02.18 - 12:41am
I've just got eyes, and big hands. That's all * +

crail 11.02.18 - 12:44am
Seriously though. I could insert the note 8 quite easily. Note 3,4,5 would be quite uncomfortable. I like to live outside my comfort zone * +

mikeymk 16.02.18 - 03:33am
My smashed HTC started playing up, so i needed a replacement fast. I'd been looking at the S8/Note 8 but i decided to save a few hundred quid for now and just get an S6 Active instead. I just wanted water resistance and a better camera than my old HTC, really.

This has the huge 3500mah battery of the S8+ too, but i'm not terribly impressed with my first Samsung. It's not as user friendly as the HTC, the camera's not as good as i was led to believe, and there are all manner of things missing that the HTC had to hand.

Even things like screenshot are missing, can't work out how to change some things (such as hard-key functions - i'm sure i'll work it out), and i'm still needing to unlock the screen before taking a photo. Which is a dire fail, imo. Again, probably my fault, but the point is it's not such an easy phone to get to grips with.

I don't even see the point in the wireless charger, when it has a standby time limit, so you have to re-connect it anyway...

It was cheap, quid.gif160 factory brand new, so i can afford for it to be a stepping stone, or just pass it straight on at no great loss. But it's making the the Note 8 less desirable, and the HTC U11 is looking looking more attractive now. * +

3mel 16.02.18 - 06:14am
screenshot is on all nougat androids is power key and volume up together (iirc, volume down if not). changing capacitive and button keys around would take rooting and a hack or xposed module.
you saying that with the camera icon on the lockscreen you still need to unlock?
search in settings/display or settings/security for lockscreen options if you don't have it yet.
the S9 is just about to be announced so prices should drop. the S7 and 8 have really fast auto focus and decent photos but almost any flagship phone has something nice going on camera wise. * +

crail 16.02.18 - 12:42pm

@ mikeymk - 16.02.18 - 03:33am
My smashed HTC started playing up, so i needed a replacement fast. I'd been looking at the S8/Note 8 but i decided to save a few hundred quid for now and just get an S6 Active instead. I just wanted water resistance and a better camera than my old HTC, really.

This has the huge 3500mah battery of the S8+ too, but i'm not terribly impressed with my first Samsung. It's not as user friendly as the HTC, the camera's not as good as i was led to believe, and there are all manner of things missing that the HTC had to hand.

Even things like screenshot are missing, can't work out how to change some things (such as hard-key functions - i'm sure i'll work it out), and i'm still needing to unlock the screen before taking a photo. Which is a dire fail, imo. Again, probably my fault, but the point is it's not such an easy phone to get to grips with.

I don't even see the point in the wireless charger, when it has a standby time limit, so you have to re-connect it anyway...

It was cheap, quid.gif160 factory brand new, so i can afford for it to be a stepping stone, or just pass it straight on at no great loss. But it's making the the Note 8 less desirable, and the HTC U11 is looking looking more attractive now.

You can't compare a budget Samsung to a high end. Plus you can't really expect much of a low end phone * +

« <> »

Quick reply:

+ go to page 1-11
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
6 first page
7 last page
+ bookmark
8 Android Forum
9 Forum Index