! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

Your Homescreen? - Page 58/63

Subject: Your Homescreen?
« <> »
garion 19.08.14 - 09:33pm
Illustrative of the above point (which since this is a topic about homescreens and wallpapers, might as well be reinforced) see the image below:

The screen on the left has a wallpaper taken from the stock phone gallery - now I dunno about you, but the stuff in the top left quadrant is virtually unreadable, and certain icons, like the microphone 'recorder' one, have almost disappeared.. Hence, when choosing a phone wallpaper, don't think 'isn't that a great pic', think 'isn't this a great colour..' nod.gif * +

polo_011 19.08.14 - 10:31pm
I've always thought that way Garion thumbs_up.gif thats the main reason why you may have noticed that my wallpapers are usually either dark, black or just a bit bland, so as not to ruin the icons and their names, I am very errmm... pedantic with regards to that. I can't handle a busy wallpaper, some of my mates have extremely busy and bright wallpapers and so I hardly if ever touch their phones, drives me nuts when I see that, lol. * +

garion 19.08.14 - 10:50pm

@ polo_011 - 19.08.14 - 10:31pm
I've always thought that way Garion thumbs_up.gif thats the main reason why you may have noticed that my wallpapers are usually either dark, black or just a bit bland, so as not to ruin the icons and their names, I am very errmm... pedantic with regards to that. I can't handle a busy wallpaper, some of my mates have extremely busy and bright wallpapers and so I hardly if ever touch their phones, drives me nuts when I see that, lol.

Absolutely shake.gif although I can understand it because these phones will display such magnificent images; but set your gallery app to 'slideshow' or something, or post 'em on Facebook or whatever.. for a wallpaper you need.. hey, polo, you're reading.. remember that N70 wallpaper? Kinda aquamarine at the top, shading down to almost white with big circles on? And the first thing you did was set a picture of your girlfriend, or your dog, or your girlfriend's dog as an alternative - but whenever you reset your phone, that bluish gradient would look so good.. * +

alvar89 19.08.14 - 11:08pm
I like solid colors best now im using just a solid black wallpaper lol.gif makes a dark phone feel like its all screen and pops out the icons nicely. * +

polo_011 20.08.14 - 10:05am

@ garion - 19.08.14 - 10:50pm
Absolutely shake.gif although I can understand it because these phones will display such magnificent images; but set your gallery app to 'slideshow' or something, or post 'em on Facebook or whatever.. for a wallpaper you need.. hey, polo, you're reading.. remember that N70 wallpaper? Kinda aquamarine at the top, shading down to almost white with big circles on? And the first thing you did was set a picture of your girlfriend, or your dog, or your girlfriend's dog as an alternative - but whenever you reset your phone, that bluish gradient would look so good..

Oh yes, I kinda liked that wallpaper, the bluish gradient is lovely, you're talking about this one yeah, it looked stunning on the N80's high ppi display, I remember using it or the Glass wallpaper as they took little RAM pmpl.gif here we go:
* +

alvar89 20.08.14 - 10:37am
Loved that wallpaper on my n-series phones daydream.gif n73 and n82 were great phones back then. Even had that on a 3250 if i remember correctly chin.gif * +

alvar89 20.08.14 - 10:50am
lol.gif * +

« <> »

Quick reply:

+ go to page 1-63
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
6 first page
7 last page
+ bookmark