! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

Android 7.0 - Page 5/8

Subject: Android 7.0
« <> »
cr4zy0n3 15.09.16 - 08:30am

@ 3mel - 15.09.16 - 07:15am
go into stweaks and switch CPU max to 1242 mhz for all four cores and see the difference it makes for battery.
also consider changing hotplug sampling rate down to 40ms under hotplug tab and zram to offline under memory tab...

Thanks, that's what bugged me a little bit about it, the battery seemed to drain a lot. Did you notice a lot of improvement with those settings? * +

3mel 15.09.16 - 11:31am
yes, but I also do greenify (donation package for system apps) and forcedoze. actually the latter 2 suggestions (hotplug sampling rate and zram) are performance ones and not battery saving. alucard kernel has many many ways to save power from CPU governors to tweaks neither of us could understand.
I'll check with the author of a tweaks page whether their profiles are good still on this rom and share a link if it's all good. * +

cr4zy0n3 15.09.16 - 12:23pm
So far I haven't noticed a lot of improvement but I do use my phone a lot (WiFi always connected, some YouTube, the normal stuff) so that's to be expected. I also installed the new leaked pixel launcher to go with it and I quite like it, it blends really well with Nougat. * +

cr4zy0n3 20.09.16 - 04:48pm
Well, it seems that I've found an issue with this ROM. Now when playing my favourite game (hearthstone) it slows down a bit, it was definitely smoother on my previous ROM. It's still far from unplayable, but it bugs me a little bit. * +

3mel 20.09.16 - 06:11pm
if you're running underclocked still it will be much more jittery. I got myself a cheap HTC m8 a few weeks back and I do all my gaming on that now so I can leave my s4 underclocked. it's good for pretty much everything except games at that speed.

-+BB+- mentioned that all nougat users are reporting that battery life is down compared to MM so we'll have to wait on google for any improvements.

here the thread with a few battery profiles for alucard kernel [link]http://forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-s4/general/samsung-s4-i9505-super-tweaks-bonbon-t3158611[/link] I forgot to ask what he thinks about using them on nougat so you should see that question at the end of the topic. * +

cr4zy0n3 20.09.16 - 06:52pm
As I said earlier, even with those settings I couldn't see the battery lasting any longer so I went back to default settings. I usually do the gaming on my laptop but sometimes you just want to play some quick games on your phone. I guess I need an upgrade too, this phone is quickly becoming an antique. * +

a0w 26.09.16 - 07:57am

@ polo_011 - 27.08.16 - 11:07pm
Phones with Snapdragon 800 and 801 will not get Android Nougat Officially

what about tecno C8? * +

« <> »

Quick reply:

+ go to page 1-8
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
6 first page