! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

IP67 68 ratings - Page 3/9

Subject: IP67 68 ratings
« <> »
banbury 24.02.21 - 12:17am
I was an early adopter for 3g and 4g but that hasnt been the case for 5g! Although I got the Galaxy S10 5g at launch in 2019 I have still not used 5g! Partly cos its still not in my area and lockdowns and my job have prevented me from travelling to a 5g coverage area! * +

banbury 24.02.21 - 12:27am
Of course because of the situation with Huawei in the Uk, 5G progress will be much slower than 4G was. When 4G launched here in 2012, I had coverage in my area within 6 months of it being launched! Yet here iam two years down the line from the 5G launch in 2019 and there is still no coverage in my area! on any network! lol * +

banbury 24.02.21 - 12:49am
Funny how its gone in the Uk. Vodafone were the first with 1G analogue and GSM digital 2G, Three with 3G, EE with 4G which peed rivals of something cronic, and EE again with 5G of course. Although Three claim there 5G will be the best cos they have more bandwidth than rivals, or at least they certainly claim to have anyway. * +

banbury 24.02.21 - 12:55am
The only thing Cellnet (now 02) were first with was GPRS data. and of course Vodafone are the only operator in the Uk who havnt changed their name! The only one with their own network infrastructure anyway. * +

sisfreak2017 24.02.21 - 03:40am
Don't dunk them in the water on purpose!

What happens if you accidentally drop them in a canal, reservoir or river etc? Do the kecks come off and you dive in? If I couldn't see it, I'd leave it for the fishe s to play with. * +

3mel 24.02.21 - 04:38am

@ sisfreak2017 - 24.02.21 - 03:40am
Don't dunk them in the water on purpose!

What happens if you accidentally drop them in a canal, reservoir or river etc? Do the kecks come off and you dive in? If I couldn't see it, I'd leave it for the fishe s to play with.

I'm in no hurry to test it out but at the same time these phones have been used like Gopros, a guy filming in a swimming pool then dives under the water with his phone and carries on filming underwater.

just gotta wait till the ports thoroughly dried out before you charge it. * +

3mel 24.02.21 - 04:42am

@ banbury - 24.02.21 - 12:49am
Funny how its gone in the Uk. Vodafone were the first with 1G analogue and GSM digital 2G, Three with 3G, EE with 4G which peed rivals of something cronic, and EE again with 5G of course. Although Three claim there 5G will be the best cos they have more bandwidth than rivals, or at least they certainly claim to have anyway.

my understanding is that were having mid band 5G here, speeds around between 200 - 500mbps
if 3 claims they'll be faster they'd have to be rolling out mmwave 5G that requires you to be very close to mast but gives gigabit speeds. * +

« <> »

Quick reply:

+ go to page 1-9
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
6 first page
7 last page
+ bookmark
8 Android Forum
9 Forum Index