! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

Which ANDROID PHONE is the best - Page 3/7

Subject: Which ANDROID PHONE is the best
« <> »
crail 3.01.16 - 08:00pm

@ 3mel - 3.01.16 - 07:49pm
the size of images or any other files would be no different on any handset, screen size makes no difference

This * +

0gypsy0 3.01.16 - 10:29pm

@ 3mel - 3.01.16 - 05:43pm
try opera max it can switch internet access for other apps on and off. or if you fancy rooting get Android firewall, it does the same...

I've installed opera Max now, I hope it does what it says.. ...as for rooting no, I'm new to Android and probably ruin the phone (I'm a coconut) * +

3mel 3.01.16 - 10:55pm
you have to use it to control your other apps data usage, nothing happens by magic dont.gif * +

0gypsy0 3.01.16 - 11:05pm

@ 3mel - 3.01.16 - 10:55pm
you have to use it to control your other apps data usage, nothing happens by magic dont.gif

It shows already how much it saved on !!!8!!! other apps.. .with restricted background data? !.... I need magic ... And some available gods. .

*starts singing AVE MARIA to calm down) * +

0gypsy0 3.01.16 - 11:10pm

@ photon1 - 3.01.16 - 05:45pm
better quality devices have better screens so will eat up more data.Higher resolution = larger file size since it has to hold more data for more pixels.

Mine is average. From what I've read on this, bigger screen and higher resolution eats up the battery life * +

0gypsy0 3.01.16 - 11:14pm
sorry, background data wasn't restricted. .my mistake * +

polo_011 4.01.16 - 12:29am

@ nosfratu - 3.01.16 - 02:29pm
Not that I know of. But on my S5 I have resorted to switching off background data which seems to help. I just think that the more top end phones on themarket tend too pull a lot more information from apps than the lower end phones. I have noticed on my Hisense on facebook and twitter that I need to click on videos to play them whereas on my S5 as I scroll down when u reach the video it starts to play within the thumbnail so in effect uses the data of the video played and it happens again when scrolling upwards... Meaning that according to data usage I have watched the video clip 2 times without really even watching it 1 time.

This is simply not true, your FB example is down to your FB App Settings, go into it and turn off Auto Play of vids and enhancement of Images.

I can tell you now that data usage is mainly down to how you have setup your apps to handle data. Tweak how frequently your social network apps and news plus weather apps pull data and you should see a drastic drop in data usage.

If I did not use Apple Music to stream or download some playlists or use YouTube, Instagram, Snapchat and Vine as much as I do, I could easily get by with 1GB data. At the moment I use around 7GB data. * +

« <> »

Quick reply:

+ go to page 1-7
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
6 first page
7 last page
+ bookmark
8 Android Forum
9 Forum Index