! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

Vodacom ZTE V10..... - Page 3/4

Subject: Vodacom ZTE V10.....
« <> »
3mel 26.11.15 - 02:17am
OK so the news isn't great...

I can find virtually nothing on this device, I was hoping that it was released under another model number not connected to Vodacom but if it is I've been unable to find it. going by the specs on the v9 zte tab it's going to struggle to do anything much including surfing. the good news is that you're rooted, you can eventually start removing vodacom apps off of it without any worrying.

I need to know what you flashed onto it and how you did it... if you have a temp custom recovery that reverts to the stock/standard version on reboot is important to know so I don't give you wrong advice.

basically before you do anything to change the phone/tablet you need to create a backup so that if anything goes wrong you can restore it. you can ruin it for good if you don't do this, so I'll wait to hear back from you first. * +

ungers 26.11.15 - 04:18am
3mel, the update is sadly released by Vodacom, no special privelleges needed to flash it....u just copy update.zip to your sd, and it will flash...since it's from vodacom, u don't even need root to use their update, it simply adds more junk apps.....with kingroot, I see a dialler app in apps, but it is nowhere to be found on the device itself....its 3g, so could u help with how to 'show' the dialler so I can use it?...... * +

ungers 26.11.15 - 04:25am
I was hoping to update it to android 4, but now I won't even bother looking any further.....ur an expert, and if u think it's not possible, I will stick with the rom it came out with, I will just remove the cr*p apps.....thanx again for your time, and advice....... * +

ungers 26.11.15 - 04:29am
There is a site called 'needrom'....it looked promising, but as u said, the closest match is the V9, and that problably won't flash, and even if it did, it might screww around with the device..... * +

3mel 26.11.15 - 04:47am
OK so you're still what we call stock (unchanged original firmware), but rooted.
you've got a choice at this point either stick with the stock recovery or make enquires on xda to see if there is a custom recovery that would work on the v10. there's only one thread on xda mentioning the v10 in the title, you could try hijacking it to ask about custom recoveries...

it would be better to have one than not if possible !!!

did rooting give you an app called superuser or superSU ? you'll need it to run root using apps (for deleting bloat). if not download that. also you need a 3rd party file manager with root read/write access like ESfile manager or x-plore.

the dialer is literally the program for making and receiving calls so you should just have a phone symbol to tap in your launcher at the bottom of the screen (they call that area the dock). you won't see an icon for it in your apps draw normally as it's a system function...

talk more in the morning...

* +

ungers 26.11.15 - 04:50am
I recall u mentioned an app for torrent downloads on android.....but I cannot remember the name..... * +

ungers 26.11.15 - 04:54am
Thanx, cool.....I'm trying to remember an app that u might find useful urself......when I remember, I will post it, in case u don't have it......and no, there is no dialler anywhere....have a good night, its time for me to get up......lol..... * +

« <> »

Quick reply:

+ go to page 1-4
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
6 first page
7 last page
+ bookmark
8 Android Forum
9 Forum Index