! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

does anyone know how to make the youtube app... - Page 3/4

Subject: does anyone know how to make the youtube app...
« <> »
3mel 29.06.15 - 07:35pm

@ garion - 29.06.15 - 05:53pm
Ok, for crisper and faster video playback from YouTube, you could go into Opera settings and change the user agent to 'mobile' (I'm assuming like me, you've got it on 'desktop') this will give you 'm.youtube' links - the page will load faster and you've got a big obvious 'play' icon on top of the video, rather than the normal fiddly stuff with the full Web version.

surprisingly that does actually seem to work. playback is in normal living colour but just not ever in 720 or 1080p

I'll use this in Lue of anything more final cheers.gif Mr G... * +

garion 29.06.15 - 07:49pm
I'm not sure I'm getting this because all YouTube videos play normally for me, as below:

That's in 1080p. I'm using Opera build: 30.0.1856.93524 (standard version from PlayStore).
* +

3mel 29.06.15 - 07:54pm
see my first link for details Mr G hi2.gif * +

garion 29.06.15 - 08:29pm

@ 3mel - 29.06.15 - 07:54pm
see my first link for details Mr G hi2.gif

I did, I saw it all completely green and everytime and compared it to the proper one, but the green thing has never happened to me. * +

3mel 29.06.15 - 09:12pm
maybe it's down to my kernel in some way, I use a custom one ktkernel, guess I'll ask folks in that thread...

the feedback helps narrow the search down so cheers for that !!! * +

garion 29.06.15 - 11:20pm
Ah, that could well be it - I'm using the stock ROM; back in the symbian days flashing grunter.gif was almost essential if you wanted to get anything done with your phone, but Android does more or less anything I'd ask of it out of the box. * +

3mel 30.06.15 - 02:25am

@ garion - 29.06.15 - 11:20pm
Ah, that could well be it - I'm using the stock ROM; back in the symbian days flashing grunter.gif was almost essential if you wanted to get anything done with your phone, but Android does more or less anything I'd ask of it out of the box.

with the international s4 you have go touchwiz free to see anything like the best that phone can offer. I honestly feel that my s2 was better at task threading and performance considering the processing power differential...
if I get a new Android in future I'll be dedicating more time to researching it's CPU performance... * +

« <> »

Quick reply:

+ go to page 1-4
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
6 first page
7 last page
+ bookmark
8 Android Forum
9 Forum Index