! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

Jumped the fence - Page 3/7

Subject: Jumped the fence
« <> »
3mel 10.12.14 - 04:55am

@ dropnaload - 10.12.14 - 03:10am
I use 0.9.9 everyday without any problems.

I've had more errors there than any other player. mx and even the default players have better file support, better ui and options, it's not even a fair contest.

but to each is own, if it works for ya... * +

phly_kid 10.12.14 - 07:42am
I just went crazy and got all the apps i could get my hands on with the limited data i had and then i'll see which to keep. I use firefox on pc just coz of extensions even though chrome is faster. As for rooting i will wait and enjoy the phone as is but yea i wouldnt even go down that route without doing some kind of backup. Good thing about this whole ecosystem is the massive choice there exists. awesome customization capabilities. Can one backup just the apps or even apps and settings? * +

3mel 10.12.14 - 08:16am
you can backup just the apps but you'd need to rooted for that, (unless you do the cloud thing) titanium backup pro is an essential app if you wanna flash roms..

you mentioned a limited data plan. you might wanna turn off background data in the settings and keep your internet off as much as possible. the phone will all kinds of stuff behind your back and eat up your data bundle if you're not careful !! * +

dropnaload 10.12.14 - 09:28am
Been a while but tb pro was great for freezing apps. I like to keep only what will be used and that includes system apps, freezing first is the smart way to go, especially for newbies.

Some file explorers can back up apps, i use estrongs esfileexplorer. No root needed, i just checked on their latest version. * +

phly_kid 11.12.14 - 07:38am
I noticed a backup feature on clean master which I must add I find it very impressive. almost like a swiss knife for most of the small things I need. @3mel, by turn background data off do you mean switching off mobile data and relying on wifi or is there another setting i'm missing. Learning about new ones. As well as how fast data can vanish right before your eyes when google play decides just a day after install that some apps need updating. * +

3mel 11.12.14 - 05:21pm
if you look in settings/more/mobile networks you should see an option called restrict background data

it's not the same as turning off mobile data. it means other apps are not allowed to do stuff online without you knowing !! * +

phly_kid 11.12.14 - 09:50pm
Ah, that particular option, came across it yea. Thanks. * +

« <> »

Quick reply:

+ go to page 1-7
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
6 first page
7 last page
+ bookmark