! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

Huawei Mate 40 Pro - Page 2/7

Subject: Huawei Mate 40 Pro
« <> »
polo_011 21.03.21 - 09:33pm

@ banbury - 21.03.21 - 04:01pm
There are rumours circulating that it could be the last Huawei phone with a Kurin custom chip cos of the restrictions, and even possibly the final android phone from them. Apparantly owners of new Huawei devices without Google services maybe offered an upgrade to Huawei's own operating system in the future.

Yeah the current crop of P40, Mate 40 and Mate X2 are slated to get Harmony OS, I believe it is currently being Beta tested on the P40, Mate 40 and Mate X2 hardware. Kirin990 and Kirin9000 phones will be the first to get Harmony OS.

Will be interesting to see where Huawei goes from there. I think the route they are taking is great, they can now be the masters of their own destiny * +

polo_011 21.03.21 - 09:37pm

@ banbury - 21.03.21 - 07:56pm
Personally, I dont think it has anything to do with Huawei having connections with the chinese the military, I think the U.S just didnt like it because at one point Huawei sales had overtaken Apples and that just wouldnt do. They were just doing too well as far as the U.S were concerned.

They had certainly become far too successful for the US comfort but I doubt the US government did this for Apple, Samsung are the ones that saw the most impact out of Huawei gaining market share, while Apple were comfy in 3rd place as they were and always are 1st in terms of profit share which is what they care about. Apple are in their own world, it seems what happens in Android really only affects Android manufacturers who tend to eat each others lunch. Right now Samsung are having to fend off OPPO, OnePlus, Vivo, Xiaomi etc.. some of these brands are owned by 1 parent company. Crazy where the market is . * +

3mel 21.03.21 - 11:01pm

@ banbury - 21.03.21 - 07:56pm
Personally, I dont think it has anything to do with Huawei having connections with the chinese the military, I think the U.S just didnt like it because at one point Huawei sales had overtaken Apples and that just wouldnt do. They were just doing too well as far as the U.S were concerned.

I think it could've been about security, that maybe 3 letter agencies couldn't find any exploits for Huawei tech on 5G infrastructure and didn't like that at all.
the lengths Huawei were prepared to go to and did go to satisfy the US government, the fact that it made no difference makes me suspicious the other way around entirely.
* +

banbury 22.03.21 - 08:36am
As tim cook recently stated Apple has never been about making the most, but just producing the best. However you define the best lol * +

polo_011 22.03.21 - 09:10am

@ 3mel - 21.03.21 - 11:01pm
I think it could've been about security, that maybe 3 letter agencies couldn't find any exploits for Huawei tech on 5G infrastructure and didn't like that at all.
the lengths Huawei were prepared to go to and did go to satisfy the US government, the fact that it made no difference makes me suspicious the other way around entirely.

Indeed! I think they really got scared at just how far ahead China had advanced, Huawei was and is a symbol of Chinese progression, considering how far ahead their 5G tech is and efficiency they work at, it most definitely had the US worried. However I feel as though the US has further empowered China with the Huawei ban as now the Chinese OEMs will all be looking inward to find ways around any sort of ban. I hear that Meizu is now making a deal with Huawei to use their HMS Core in case they also get banned by the USA. I would not be surprised if OPPO, XIAOMI, OnePlus and Vivo do the same thing. * +

banbury 26.03.21 - 03:22am
The day all the chinese phone manufacturers get banned in the West as a whole, Uk included, will be the day iam convinced the move was made entirely for security reasons, but untill that day my opinion stands firm. * +

banbury 26.03.21 - 03:33am
I recently purchased a Huawei phone in the Uk so clearly our Government dont have an issue with their consumer products, even if we are in the process of gradually removing them from our network infrastructure. * +

« <> »

Quick reply:

+ go to page 1-7
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
6 first page
7 last page
+ bookmark
8 Android Forum
9 Forum Index