! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

Bad news - Page 2/3

Subject: Bad news
« <> »
3mel 14.12.17 - 12:45am

@ 0gypsy0 - 14.12.17 - 12:37am
Nooo, I've downloaded it from playstore, which is why I'm paranoid.Who to trust now?
From other sites I used to download games but since I have the app '' appsgonefree'' i buy stuff when they're on sale or I download when they're free for a limited time.

it was the app creator that fu*ked up, s/he left all this data they shouldn't even of been collecting on a database that got hacked. not really the playstore's fault here.

or yours * +

0gypsy0 14.12.17 - 12:57am

@ 3mel - 14.12.17 - 12:45am
it was the app creator that fu*ked up, s/he left all this data they shouldn't even of been collecting on a database that got hacked. not really the playstore's fault here.

or yours

I'm so uncomfortable with this.... We don't know what data they're collecting, not even playstore, we don't know sh*t hopeless.gif * +

0gypsy0 14.12.17 - 01:20am

@ 3mel - 14.12.17 - 12:33am
did you download it ''free'' from somewhere ? that's often a bad move as it'll have things added into it.

OK never mind that 1st bit. anyone who used it has a problem, BUT it's only been 10 days and you're amongst 31 million others so it's time to get to work.

as they've suggested change email password (you can even alter the name that's linked to any email accounts), change account passwords where money or other personal data is involved first.

check your browsing history to remind you of where you've been that might matter and visit the playstore to see all the apps you've ever downloaded in life.

you can totally squash this in a few hours.

You've edited your reply, I've seen this just now. I've changed the password already and please explain that '' visit the playstore to see all the apps you've ever downloaded in life'', what to do? Sorry for the ignorance * +

sisfreak2017 14.12.17 - 01:46am
Oh dear get a windows phone 10 , zero malware everything is sandboxed , hoping you don't bank Online Mrs. * +

0gypsy0 14.12.17 - 01:52am

@ 0gypsy0 - 14.12.17 - 01:20am
You've edited your reply, I've seen this just now. I've changed the password already and please explain that '' visit the playstore to see all the apps you've ever downloaded in life'', what to do? Sorry for the ignorance

I mean what do I have to do with those apps * +

0gypsy0 14.12.17 - 01:53am

@ sisfreak2017 - 14.12.17 - 01:46am
Oh dear get a windows phone 10 , zero malware everything is sandboxed , hoping you don't bank Online Mrs.

Too late now hopeless.gif this can happen in every store, android, windows, etc * +

3mel 14.12.17 - 03:49am
open playstore, tap the 3 dashes in the top left, select my apps and games and when that's open select the tab on the far right called library.

this will tell you everything you've ever installed under your gmail account. so if you see an app that you've put valuable info into you can be reminded to change your password there too or close the account if possible.

there are a few articles on the AI keyboard data loss, some of those might give you recommendations on what to do to protect yourself. * +

« <> »

Quick reply:

+ go to page 1-3
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
6 first page
7 last page
+ bookmark
8 Android Forum
9 Forum Index