! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

Vodacom ZTE V10..... - Page 2/4

Subject: Vodacom ZTE V10.....
« <> »
ungers 25.11.15 - 07:28pm
3mel, let me ask this, if u do have the time, could u reccomend a rom that i could use for the V10?.......i dont need anything fancy, just something, for example, that u would have flashed on it.......this is a humble request, im in no hurry at all, if, and when u want, or have time, u could look into it for me?....just a link will do.......thanx again...... * +

ungers 25.11.15 - 07:38pm
The specs is ZTE V10, from vodacom SA......Android 2.3.5..........baseband V9A_VEB01.......Kernel is 2.6.35.7-perf+zte-kernel@Zdroid-SMT.......Build GB_VODACOM_V9AV1.0.0B01.....Hope this makes sense, im still in the dark with kernels ect...... * +

ungers 25.11.15 - 07:42pm
I know u don't owe me a second of your time, but if ur bored or just looking for something to do, i will greatly appreciate any help i can get......the tablet aint worth a lot, but i want the bloatware off, just cos it bothers the hell outta me.......lol........thanx...... * +

3mel 25.11.15 - 08:03pm
I'll give it look within the next 24 hours... network/carrier exclusive devices can be tricky as they often come with locked boatloaders.

there are ways to remove bloatware from your rom but it's best to have a working custom recovery first and a backup... * +

ungers 25.11.15 - 08:13pm
I have the updated rom, it's essentially the same, they just added more junk apps.........82 stores, and different vendors......all mixed in with the usual android stuff, gotta scroll forever to find your own apps.......i can remove the bloatware with kingroot, but prefer a 'clean' install....... * +

ungers 25.11.15 - 08:21pm
I even tried editing the rom, by removing the apps in the rom itself......but then the rom won't install....... * +

3mel 25.11.15 - 09:06pm
so you managed to flash the rom you found ???

kingroot and other root apps do nothing except create root access for the user. you need a file manager with root capabilities to delete files from /system/apps/ but it's better with an app like titanium or SDmaid as you can be sure of getting all the folders and files the app creates afterwards. plus you can test whether freezing the app causes problems before removing it.

you can't edit a rom without creating a new checksum afterwards. it's to prevent breaking your device. I know nothing about that stuff * +

« <> »

Quick reply:

+ go to page 1-4
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
6 first page
7 last page
+ bookmark
8 Android Forum
9 Forum Index