! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

Lollipop for SGS5 - Page 2/4

Subject: Lollipop for SGS5
« <> »
nokstern 27.02.15 - 03:23pm
..now you'll find yourself in that software Updater app..use 'Force stop' to kill the app (updater),then first 'Clear cache' and THEN 'Clear data'..exit the app and NOW go to Settings/About device/Software updates and uncheck Auto update and Wi-Fi only,check boxes..now all should be fine,you won't be bothered by sw install pop ups anymore..end of blahblah.gif * +

nokstern 27.02.15 - 03:34pm
..when I had Note 3,this situation happened to me-I was on 4.3 and one day noticed updates icon in notifications bar..a phone already downloaded 4.4 software and started to bother me if I want to upgrade (obviously,my settings earlier allowed this auto download process)..I was postponing this a few times,rebooted the phone often,but updates suggestions were stubborn,lol..soo I've done what I've described here and kept 4.3 with no further disturbance anymore cat.gif * +

3mel 27.02.15 - 03:50pm
I've missed these cont... style nokstern posts * +

3mel 27.02.15 - 03:52pm
pretty sure Iplayer has been updated for lollipop but I'm gonna go check. it is funny that playback quality is better by MILES if you stream rather than download...

they say they are aware of user problems with kitkat, no mention of lollipop. they don't seem to know how to fix it if they're asking google to help them... * +

leon29 27.02.15 - 03:54pm
IPlayer works great with lollipop * +

banbury 27.02.15 - 09:02pm
OETINGER: in an ideal world these things don't happen, or are not supposed to happen, but its not an ideal world and what firmware can do is largely unpredictable as you must surely know. * +

banbury 27.02.15 - 09:09pm

@ nokstern - 27.02.15 - 02:44pm
..'the update had already downloaded'..this is what happened with S5 (and now you're afraid of a situation not to be repeated with your Note4),right?..is Note 4 'clean' of updated Lollipop?..or it's aggressively attacking you to update?..anyway,similar already happened to me with my previously Note 3..cont

Yes my note 4 is presently free of lollypop update notifications and my updates are not set to automatic on both phones. Ta for your advice l will look into the things you mentioned. * +

« <> »

Quick reply:

+ go to page 1-4
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
6 first page
7 last page
+ bookmark
8 Android Forum
9 Forum Index