! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

Games and in-app purchases - Page 2/4

Subject: Games and in-app purchases
« <> »
newt182 8.02.15 - 04:31pm
You can download a cracked and modded copy anyway. Like I did with the Simpsons, not cracked but modded with memory injection to give you infinite doughnuts and cash. What I was saying is I think the optional full license thing many apps have would be better (for the consumer).

Also, are you actually justifying and supporting all these micro-transactions and pay to win models (or whatever you call paying a premium so you don't have to wait) that game publishers are using? It's a terrible concept for people like me and you, the consumers. * +

newt182 8.02.15 - 04:35pm
Right, my point in this topic was to vent a bit at how cr*p games have got with all these small payments that you now need to pay. It would be much better to pay a one off fee. And I find it hard to understand why people are OK with it on Android, compared to on PC and even consoles where people despise companies who charge premiums for stuff like that. It doesn't happen as much on those platforms and you definitely wouldn't get away with making people either 1: pay or 2: wait hours to progress in the game. * +

leon29 8.02.15 - 05:19pm
Gaming on android is pretty whack any way, that's why I play old NES games on my phone, the waiting 2 hours to progress thing is a separate problem, I was playing a football game and if you didn't purchase health you couldn't play a game for an hour when the players got their energy back, no that is fking dumb * +

nosfratu 13.02.15 - 04:51pm
It an android thing everybody wants to make money out of google and the in game advertising is just how they do it its also an easier way for google to make money out of bigger companies its the same as with all these millions of small wapmasters with mobile sites that has more adverts on it than content. Simplest thing to do is turn your data connection off when palying games then the in game advertising won't popup. I also agree that in game purchases are ridiculously high. I'm in South Africa came agross a game with about R150000.00 ingame purchase tag ??? That's why for mobile gaming I stick with BB there's no ingame adds or purchases * +

mtkn 14.02.15 - 12:40pm
I can't pay for virtual points or currency. I can buy a once off fee that's all * +

newt182 14.02.15 - 03:39pm
I bought The Room the other day for 0.69p. That is how games should be priced. I am now likely to buy the second game for 1.99. * +

systmatic 16.02.15 - 05:34pm
Thats why u should root ur phone and hack the game...i do this stuff alot of time for all kinds of games * +

« <> »

Quick reply:

+ go to page 1-4
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
6 first page
7 last page
+ bookmark
8 Android Forum
9 Forum Index