! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

Clean Master or DU Speed Booster - Page 2/4

Subject: Clean Master or DU Speed Booster
« <> »
3mel 16.12.14 - 09:59am
if you clear cache and delete data before you uninstall it shouldn't be a problem... * +

mok214 16.12.14 - 10:21am
Not always. Believe me, I have done that and then connected my phone to the PC and saw that file folders and assorted junk files were still on my card.
BTW, Amazon Kindle, Moon+ Reader, Maxathon and many weather apps are the worst offenders. * +

3mel 16.12.14 - 12:44pm
I flash roms and end up not reinstalling all my apps again and have lots of 'junk' files... my phone isn't slower because of them as there is no app trying to access them...

I clean up manually maybe once a year with the aid of google and a file browser, and in the process learn something.
* +

mok214 16.12.14 - 02:01pm
I never bothered with rooting a phone because it seems rather pointless to me. Why,? Phones can be dirt cheap. So if you don't like it, why did you buy it in the first place? * +

polo_011 16.12.14 - 03:18pm

@ mok214 - 16.12.14 - 02:01pm
I never bothered with rooting a phone because it seems rather pointless to me. Why,? Phones can be dirt cheap. So if you don't like it, why did you buy it in the first place?

Well what happens is that sometimes people either A) get bored and Root, just to try mods. B) try a new Custom ROM for a new look and feel. C) At 1st they were happy with the phone but now found they arent and so Root plus flash ROMs to improve it OR D) They wanted the Hardware combined with their fav Kernel, or ROM. You will find D is very popular, people will buy e.g. a Xperia Z3 for its design, waterproofing, 3GB RAM and 3100mAh battery and then throw Cyanogen on it and be very happy as they have the Hardware they wanted Software. * +

3mel 16.12.14 - 03:45pm
I couldn't have the awesome ktoonsez ktkernel without root... this thing is amazing. governor n scheduler profiles are hotplugable, so I can choose a powersaving setup or a gaming overclock one without even rebooting.
mostly tho I want to own my phones. if my phone had the processing power of a cray super computer I'd still root it... it's just standard * +

mok214 16.12.14 - 04:54pm
Lol.gif
Oh wow, I didn't know that Cyanogen was still that popular. * +

« <> »

Quick reply:

+ go to page 1-4
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
6 first page
7 last page