! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

Jumped the fence - Page 2/7

Subject: Jumped the fence
« <> »
polo_011 9.12.14 - 08:25pm
I wish I was an Android Virgin like you daydream.gif as there is so much to explore. The beauty of Android can be seen in the Homescreen topic, What web browser topic, What Keyboard You Use topic, what music player etc... You will find that everyone has their own very unique setup. For example, I remain the biggest Opera Mini fanboy, I simply cannot stay away, my phone has loads of RAM and Cpu power but I just prefer Opera Mini, when it comes to keyboard I am old school, I use TouchPal and use the Multitap setup t9 layout, for music and vids the built-in players are great and support a plethora of formats.

What I would recommend to you is Google Chrome and yeah, try UC Browser as well as Dolphin and Opera, see what you like.
Keyboards: if you are not a fan of the built-in keyboard, then look at Swiftkey, TouchPal or Swype.
Media players: If you're not happy with built-in then give MX Player (video), PowerAmp music.gif and VLC (music plus vid) a go. * +

3mel 9.12.14 - 11:23pm
vlc is terrible tho, you can skip that one... * +

phly_kid 10.12.14 - 01:01am
Haha so its too early to think custom roms and rooting then? So much to try. One doesnt even know where to begin. * +

crail 10.12.14 - 01:40am

@ polo_011 - 9.12.14 - 08:25pm
I wish I was an Android Virgin like you daydream.gif as there is so much to explore. The beauty of Android can be seen in the Homescreen topic, What web browser topic, What Keyboard You Use topic, what music player etc... You will find that everyone has their own very unique setup. For example, I remain the biggest Opera Mini fanboy, I simply cannot stay away, my phone has loads of RAM and Cpu power but I just prefer Opera Mini, when it comes to keyboard I am old school, I use TouchPal and use the Multitap setup t9 layout, for music and vids the built-in players are great and support a plethora of formats.

What I would recommend to you is Google Chrome and yeah, try UC Browser as well as Dolphin and Opera, see what you like.
Keyboards: if you are not a fan of the built-in keyboard, then look at Swiftkey, TouchPal or Swype.
Media players: If you're not happy with built-in then give MX Player (video), PowerAmp music.gif and VLC (music plus vid) a go.

keyboard, music/video player and browser lol.gif lots to learn fo sho * +

3mel 10.12.14 - 02:12am

@ phly_kid - 10.12.14 - 01:01am
Haha so its too early to think custom roms and rooting then? So much to try. One doesnt even know where to begin.

a lot depends on you and quickly you pick new things up... the s3 is a great phone for roms mods patches and root apps. it is very easy to screw up a rooted phone if you don't follow instructions, being familiar with the terms used and their meaning will help and reading up is highly recommended

everything cool and useful happens here [link]http://forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-s3[/link] at first it can make your head spin but ask us here about stuff you don't understand as we'll be more gentle than xda members... lol.gif * +

dropnaload 10.12.14 - 03:10am

@ 3mel - 9.12.14 - 11:23pm
vlc is terrible tho, you can skip that one...

I use 0.9.9 everyday without any problems. * +

dropnaload 10.12.14 - 03:23am
For browser chrome is pretty snappy but lacks extensions. I use firefox mainly cause of extensions, but like on desktop sometimes these conflict.

Would recomend rooting, installing a custom recovery an getting your rom backed up an put away somewhere safe, without passwords. * +

« <> »

Quick reply:

+ go to page 1-7
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
6 first page
7 last page
+ bookmark
8 Android Forum
9 Forum Index