! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

Mobile data usage - Page 2/3

Subject: Mobile data usage
« <> »
garion 16.11.14 - 12:51pm

@ banbury - 15.11.14 - 10:18pm
probably cos nobody is using gprs/2.5g!

Yeah, sometime it is - EE's 4G network is completely overloaded. angry3.gif * +

navinkm4 19.11.14 - 07:24pm

@ banbury - 15.11.14 - 09:50pm
I think its all a bit of a con to be honest. I've just switched to EE from T-mobile and I've noticed 3g has slowed to a crawl since I've switched, when it was previously ok. I believe its slowed down on purpose cos EE only want you to use 4g. But I have to use 3g or 3.5g cos 4g reception is too patchy where I live. but I also have a three contract so its not a major issue for me. ironically I've just switched over to 2.5g in order to reply on this post and its actually faster than 3g lol iam not joking either.

We have got 3g in India. Yet to get 4g. As you said 2g 2.5g is ok fit for browsing. But when it comes to download, you'll need 3g. I switch to 3g for downloads and videos. If I'm going to show off I will have to do it on 3g. Coz I won't like someone saying dude your phone is too slow. I knew YouTube resolution changes according to device. But this is new. Your post is informative. Thanks. * +

mok214 20.11.14 - 04:32am
I see that a lot of mobile providers here in the US are now choking 4G to 3G speeds when it comes to websites like YouTube. * +

banbury 20.11.14 - 10:29pm
yes I thought it was something that not everyone is aware of navinkm4. no I would never attempt a download over 2.5g but as you say browsing can be ok especially if you use opera mini. I have noticed something rather odd on 02 and EE just recently in my area, in the Uk. all of a sudden ive found myself able to stream youtube clips over 2.5g. now thats peculiar because I have only previously been able to do that over 3g at least. so iam not sure if they have done something to speed it up somehow? * +

banbury 20.11.14 - 10:33pm
previously I have never been able to achieve that. Either its because GPRS is so little used or because the networks have somehow boosted it I have no idea. I've tried it on more than one different phone too! * +

leon29 20.11.14 - 11:47pm
Who cares?? Join three and you will never have this problem, I mean really you got 4g but you still want the YouTube videos in s**t quality buffing every 5 seconds?? * +

oetinger 21.11.14 - 02:01am
How did your 3G slow down moving from T-Mobile to EE when the 3G coverage and speeds supposed to use T-Mobile and Orange speeds because they're the same company... If EE is throttling the 3G speeds because of trying to promote 4G, that is pathetic. I'm not from the UK however I do believe Three are the best choice. * +

« <> »

Quick reply:

+ go to page 1-3
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
6 first page
7 last page
+ bookmark
8 Android Forum
9 Forum Index