! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

Qualcomm Announces 64 -Bit Snapdragon 810and 808 S - Page 2/4

Subject: Qualcomm Announces 64 -Bit Snapdragon 810and 808 S
« <> »
banbury 10.04.14 - 05:16am
not only do they expect you to commit for 24 months, but the line rentals are getting more expensive every year, and on top of that you are also required to fork out cash for the phone too. I think the deals are actually getting worse rather than better. They give you thousands of free minutes that your never going to use, I think a lot of customers would appreciate lower allowances with cheaper tariffs * +

bigabwoi 10.04.14 - 05:19am
Dont think I will be getting a Note 4. Doubt it would be that much of an Improvement over the Note 3. I will wait and see what the Note 5 has to offer next year, maybe even the Note 6. Even now all the processing power in the devices are unnecessary. Imagine even more.. so personally I shall wait for the Note 5 or maybe 6. Unless my Note 3 gets lost or permanently damaged, etc etc.. then ofcourse Samsung Premium App allows us to swap a damaged Note 3 for a brand new 1 without costs. * +

banbury 10.04.14 - 05:22am
yes I do agree they are overpowered for what you need, and its probably much the same where modern computers are concerned. * +

banbury 10.04.14 - 05:42am
the only reason I want to go for a 64 bit phone is cos its more future proof than a 32 bit device, however obvious that may sound. so its the architecture of the cpu rather than how many cores it might have or its clock frequency. * +

bigabwoi 10.04.14 - 06:39am
I get what you saying but most people gets a new device on a regular basis to keep up with the ever improving trends in technology. So even if you get a 64 bit phone now I can almost guarantee you that next year you will get a new phone. And then again and again.. its not like you're going to keep the phone for forever. Im not going to keep my Note 3 forever. I will upgrade when I feel I found a device worth the upgrade. Not just more megapixels in the camera. Fingerprint scanner and a little extra processing power ( yes referring to S5) .. so I get your point of view but technology is forevrr changing and improving and you will never really be able to keep up. * +

3mel 10.04.14 - 06:39am
Android is a chronically inefficient OS, and for all the extra grunt it requires it still can't download a torrent and play an MP3 seamlessly at the same time. Symbian could on a tenth of the power of a low end fone.. maybe all these jobless Nokia coders should go an work for AOSP, n help tighten it up a bit rather than throw more power at things... * +

banbury 10.04.14 - 03:22pm
on the plus side, a recent survey claims that android apps are more stable than their ios counterparts, they found ios apps crashed far more often. which proves how much android has improved. I found the article on techradar.com * +

« <> »

Quick reply:

+ go to page 1-4
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
6 first page
7 last page
+ bookmark
8 Android Forum
9 Forum Index