! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

Ok Google - Page 2/3

Subject: Ok Google
« <> »
garion 13.01.15 - 06:04pm
Addendum: my first post today was incorrect, you have to say 'do a barrel roll' as above (now it works). * +

polo_011 13.01.15 - 06:05pm

@ garion - 13.01.15 - 12:06pm
The latest version now allows you to say 'Ok Google' from any screen (a feature I believe was only available on Nexus devices previously) although this has to be turned on from the Google settings menu. Obviously it's much quicker being able to do this, but one would assume that there would be a commensurately higher battery drain, I'll see how it goes.
Some fun stuff:
Try saying: 'Barrel Roll', 'Tilt' (or 'Askew') and 'Beam Me Up Scotty!'

Saying 'Ok Google' from any screen has been possible for a few months now as long as you set the language in Google app to USA English, I remember doing that in September last year on my S4 and colleague's LG G3, then 'Ok Google' worked anywhere in our phones. I guess now its been added for all languages not just US English. * +

garion 13.01.15 - 06:13pm
Ah, that's interesting shake.gif it was listed as a 'new' feature in my version (UK English) of the PlayStore. If you used it from any screen, did you notice any battery drain? * +

polo_011 13.01.15 - 06:26pm
Here's the guide I used back in Sept: [link]http://www.phonearena.com/news/How-to-use-the-OK-Google-command-from-any-screen-on-your-Android-phone-including-the-lock-screen_id61240[/link] if I had known you'd be into this Garion I would've made a topic, anyway, at least its available for all now.

Yep, there was a tad bit more battery usage that I noticed, but nothing dramatic. * +

garion 13.01.15 - 08:06pm
Cheers bro good2.gif * +

crail 13.01.15 - 09:14pm
sudo make me a sandwich lol.gif * +

phallica 14.01.15 - 07:39pm
Pretty cool, even understands my mumbly hick accent. * +

« <> »

Quick reply:

+ go to page 1-3
+ my page
+ functions
3 search