! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

Got my Note 4! - Page 17/20

Subject: Got my Note 4!
« <> »
polo_011 18.10.16 - 04:58pm

@ 3mel - 17.10.16 - 09:57pm
any word on official nougat ?

Nope, Samsung has been very quiet WRT Nougat. I doubt the Note 4 will get it though, its well over 18months since release. From a features perspective, I don't believe Nougat brings anything I dont already have in the Note 4 (Samsung had split screen multitasking and pop up video since the Galaxy Note 2 in Android 4.0 ICS). Under the hood, I'm sure there's a few things, if I ever feel I need them, I'll just slap on the Note7 ROM grin.gif * +

polo_011 18.10.16 - 05:04pm

@ alvar89 - 18.10.16 - 11:04am
I was soo dumb getting a lg g3 and not waiting for the note 4. Then switched to a s6 thats screwd also lol.gif burned pixels, short battery life with non removable battery, broken camera glass because they made it stick out too much, always out of memory because of no sd card slot. What a bad phone.

Lol, shame mate, what do you have now? I had said back then that the LG G3 was a bad mix of hardware, QHD Display and Snapdragon 801 were a bad combo, it was bound to face trouble with a GPU that was going on to 2years old by the time G3 arrived.

Yeah, Galaxy S6 wasn't great, we have 1 lying around here at home, going to give it to a relative who needs it. The Note5 128GB Winter Edition is the only truly great phone Samsung made last year, but was limited to Asian markets only. * +

alvar89 18.10.16 - 06:05pm
Im still on the s6 trying to get something for the money i paid lol. One year passed now atleast with it. I got 2 and a half years out of the galaxy s3 that was a great phone. The lg i still have it too randomly using it. Its battery life is better than the s6 tho and has a sd card. Cant sell the s6 either with my gf name burned into the screen lol.gif She has a sony z3 and no screen burn in. Samsungs bright beautiful amoled has its flaws. The note 4 seems like a really great phone still. No explosions etc lol.gif * +

3mel 18.10.16 - 08:27pm

@ polo_011 - 18.10.16 - 04:58pm
Nope, Samsung has been very quiet WRT Nougat. I doubt the Note 4 will get it though, its well over 18months since release. From a features perspective, I don't believe Nougat brings anything I dont already have in the Note 4 (Samsung had split screen multitasking and pop up video since the Galaxy Note 2 in Android 4.0 ICS). Under the hood, I'm sure there's a few things, if I ever feel I need them, I'll just slap on the Note7 ROM grin.gif

there are under the hood improvements like new compilers too (JIT). I thought vulkan was going to be a performance improvement for games, turns out games have to be written with the api first. * +

polo_011 19.10.16 - 05:03am

@ alvar89 - 18.10.16 - 06:05pm
Im still on the s6 trying to get something for the money i paid lol. One year passed now atleast with it. I got 2 and a half years out of the galaxy s3 that was a great phone. The lg i still have it too randomly using it. Its battery life is better than the s6 tho and has a sd card. Cant sell the s6 either with my gf name burned into the screen lol.gif She has a sony z3 and no screen burn in. Samsungs bright beautiful amoled has its flaws. The note 4 seems like a really great phone still. No explosions etc lol.gif

LOL! Wait for the S8 Edge, its bound to be a great device if the S7 Edge is anything to go by. * +

polo_011 19.10.16 - 05:08am

@ 3mel - 18.10.16 - 08:27pm
there are under the hood improvements like new compilers too (JIT). I thought vulkan was going to be a performance improvement for games, turns out games have to be written with the api first.

Cool, not really bothered with either and I hardly play games on my phone, got my iPad Air 2 (when travelling) and PS4 (at home) for that, both do a better job than any Android when it comes to gaming.

I guess there is only so much Google can do with Android at this point, its a mature OS, mostly. * +

3mel 19.10.16 - 06:57am

@ polo_011 - 19.10.16 - 05:03am
LOL! Wait for the S8 Edge, its bound to be a great device if the S7 Edge is anything to go by.

plus it's release has been brought forward to compensate against the negative publicity from the note 7, get folks thinking about something else etc. * +

« <> »

Quick reply:

+ go to page 1-20
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
6 first page
7 last page
+ bookmark
8 Android Forum
9 Forum Index