! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

Galaxy Note 8 - Page 10/11

Subject: Galaxy Note 8
« <> »
mikeymk 16.02.18 - 07:02pm

@ crail - 16.02.18 - 04:41pm
It's better than power and volume down. I liked the home key way

Power and volume are opposite sides, so a gentle squeeze of the phone in my left hand would do it. Ideal. But no. Power and home requires both hands.. * +

crail 16.02.18 - 08:18pm

@ mikeymk - 16.02.18 - 07:02pm
Power and volume are opposite sides, so a gentle squeeze of the phone in my left hand would do it. Ideal. But no. Power and home requires both hands..

The s8+ is not really a one handed phone. Well I can't use it with one hand anyway, and I have long thumbs. It's awkward. Especially with a case on and the Bixby button being so close to the volume button. Don't get me started on that button. It's a pain. You can remap it to other stuff but it still gets in the way imo * +

crail 16.02.18 - 08:26pm
Do you have this alarm widget? Under clock.

It's pretty handy. I've just put it on my home screen. Cheers * +

mikeymk 16.02.18 - 08:52pm
Yeah I have that, but I don't see the point. It takes up 5 spaces just for the alarm. Might as well just use the 1 space clock button and have all the clock functions in there. But why you can't just tap the time for it is anyone's guess.

I like the Bixby button. It's a bit of a reach for my left thumb, which naturally sits over the volume button. Only 5in screen, see.

But yeah, I foolishly keyed it to the Samsung browser on start-up, instead of chrome, and now have to work out how to change it because the browser's not much good either.. I can't praise the HTC one though - yes it was better than chrome, until HTC stopped bothering to maintain it. With errors and attack vulnerability I'd already had to drop it and convert to chrome. * +

crail 16.02.18 - 10:09pm
I think the alcantara case I have gives the buttons more roundness making it hard to distinguish between volume and bixby * +

crail 16.02.18 - 10:20pm
I dont get on with chrome, or internet. I use 3rd party. Many browsers for different jobs. My main browser has to have tabs at the top, pc style * +

crail 16.02.18 - 10:21pm
I heard chrome is very good though * +

« <> »

Quick reply:

+ go to page 1-11
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
6 first page
7 last page
+ bookmark