! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

YouTube Vanced is shutting down operation. - Page 1/1

Subject: YouTube Vanced is shutting down operation.
Replies: 6 Views: 1322

3mel 13.03.22 - 06:55pm
there's been some developments around YouTube Vanced that have led the guys behind it to conclude their best move is to shut up shop.

in a few days downloads will cease to be available, if not sooner. their social media channels will stay up for a short while to help get the word out. * +

3mel 13.03.22 - 06:56pm
Discontinuation of the Vanced project

Vanced has been discontinued. In the coming days, the download links will be taken down. The Discord server, telegram chat and subreddit will stay for the time being. We know this is not something you wanted to hear, but it's something we need to do. We want to thank you all for the support over the years.

Edit: On a side note, the existing installation will continue to work.

Edit2: it was done due to legal reasons. * +

crail 14.03.22 - 04:44am
As soon as I saw the title I knew it would be a legal thing * +

3mel 14.03.22 - 04:34pm
other devs have stolen their code and added back the download videos feature.

it might be that they just don't want to take the chance of being confused for the guys creating the copyright issues and just noped on out. * +

polo_011 18.03.22 - 05:29am
What a shame, was really liking it on the Mate 40 Pro, anyway its still going to work for about 2 years or until Google do an update that breaks things lol. * +

3mel 18.03.22 - 04:06pm
if you set up a business behind a modified closed source app there's gonna be somewhere for the lawyers to send the cease and desist letters.

facepalm.gif * +

polo_011 19.03.22 - 08:04pm

@ 3mel - 18.03.22 - 04:06pm
if you set up a business behind a modified closed source app there's gonna be somewhere for the lawyers to send the cease and desist letters.

facepalm.gif

These guys dont learn lol.gif
It was only a matter of time. YouTube Vanced got too popular and came on Googles radar. *

Quick reply:

+ refresh
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
+ bookmark
8 Android Forum
9 Forum Index

Custom Search