! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

Huawei Mate 40 Pro - Page 7/7

Subject: Huawei Mate 40 Pro
« <
polo_011 18.04.21 - 09:43am

@ 3mel - 18.04.21 - 01:01am
phones have a proximity sensor that knows when your phone is up against your face (in calls, to avoid face touches) maybe they've added another wider field version that detects someone's approach !?

So had a good read and it turns out the phone uses a Gesture Sensor combined with an NPU, would not be shocked if the Proximity Sensor also gets in on the action to. * +

sisfreak2017 19.04.21 - 04:28am
Your phone's probably watching you too. Have you noticed how most laptops now have a privacy camera slide to stop people watching you hamshank to internet filth.

Perhaps it's best to lock your norty phone in a cupboard if you're needing privacynakeddance.gif, or you'll maybe end up on YouTube. * +

polo_011 19.04.21 - 03:52pm
Mate 40 Pro giving me some decent 5G speeds
* +

3mel 19.04.21 - 06:33pm
looks like midband 5G, best of both worlds. decent speed without being shackled to the nearest tower. * +

polo_011 19.04.21 - 08:11pm

@ 3mel - 19.04.21 - 06:33pm
looks like midband 5G, best of both worlds. decent speed without being shackled to the nearest tower.

Yep, I cannot even figure out where the nearest tower is lol.gif Johannesburg suburbs are full of trees so sometimes cellphone networks will put up a tower and dress it as a tree, so the damn thing could be right here by the wall but I cannot see it. I am sitting on the couch and I have full 5G signal,pretty sweet
the phone often times falls back on 4G Plus but the moment I begin opening web pages, Instagram etc... It switches to 5G. Seems to be a lot more fluid at switching between 4G Plus and 5G versus switching between 3.5G to 4G LTE which I remember was terrible in the early days of 4G. *

« <

Quick reply:

+ refresh
+ go to page 1-7
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
6 first page
+ bookmark
8 Android Forum
9 Forum Index